Latest Dev Build CR3 Problem??

So I’ve just updated the dev build in Linux (I wish I hadn’t) and now I can’t see CR3 files from either a 1DXMk3 or R5, which is a little annoying because I could work on them prior to updating!

Oddly enough, I have a test build from @jdc and THAT will open an R5 CR3!

What is going on???

I am able to load some of the cr3 raws using 5.8-3043-g937c75d9f on Linux, Debian 10.10/Buster, but something isn’t right:

• Some (Canon EOS R5) don’t load (do load but are white),
  • Some (Canon M6 mark 2) have a small red horizontal line at the top and 2 black bars top and left.
  • Canon EOS RP RAWs load without any problems

This does not happen with 5.8-2995-g166538d

Example of red line + black borders:

5.8-3000-g7e36240f3 is the current dev build that renders all the CR3s I have as white, though it can render the embedded jpegs in the file browser.

My previous install was done last Friday, and that COULD render all CR3 files in the develop module, so something has broken in this latest build.

What I find really strange is that Version: 4.2-8455-gb6db43fb3 CAN READ 'EM!!

@Andy_Astbury1 The sample files I have from the EOS R5 and EOS 1-D X III open just fine in my latest dev build. Not sure what is going on. There have also not been any significant changes to the code in the past few months…
Could you share a problematic file, just to verify?

And what is this RT version 4.2 you’re running?? No way we had CR3 support back then. The format didn’t even exist in 2014.

@Jade_NL The border issue is a regression? Hmmm… Again, my R6Mk2 samples load just fine and camconst.json hasn’t been changed for that camera in some time. Is is possible your sample is shot with a different crop ratio or something?

It came as a test from Jaques for abstract profiles.
As I said, it’s weird - but here’s that bad news Roel - open and process CR3 files IT DOES!

I’ve got better things to do with my time than make this stuff up you know!

Regardless of the weird version string in Jacques’ build, without more info I cannot help further. The dev build should work, as the other Jacques also says. :man_shrugging:

No sadly, because they are not mine.
But https://www.sparapaunz.com/_shared/R5__0596.ZIP illustrates the point.
This opens in Hirams Mac build, and Jaques weird one, but is flat white in the latest dev build.

There is obviously something wrong in this latest dev build - it needs fixing.

I don’t know to be honest. I can’t find anything in the exiv data (not sure if I am looking for the correct things though). If you want/need to check (these are on dpreview sample gallery):

Canon EOS M6 Mark II 01
Canon EOS M6 Mark II 02

These aren’t the ones I have (cannot retrace where I got them), but they show exactly the same behaviour. So that makes 4 out of 4 that I have that show this.

I see the same thing as @Andy_Astbury1 and @Jade_NL. I build from source using Linux Debian Testing Bullseye.
I have filed an issue here.

1 Like

@Jade_NL @Andy_Astbury1 @KarlMagnusLarsson
@Thanatomanic

Building from source on Ubuntu 20.04 also produces the same error.

Yup, I can confirm thanks to @KarlMagnusLarsson for finding the bad commit and and thanks to @gaaned92 for pointing out it was a syntax error in camconst.json. Everything should be getting better after the next nightly build.

Yep, fixed (using self build 5.8-3046-g375eefd45).

Thanks for the fix!