Lensfun and Leica Q DNG

Hello

i’m an happy leica q new owner and used to use darktable or rawtherapee for my previous fuji x .
When i use dng files i get an uncorrected image, (cushion and vignetting).
If there a way to apply an autocorrection profile for the leica q ?

thanks

A first stab would be adding sample files here:
https://raw.pixls.us

It would seem we already have that sample

Hi,
the camera is supported by lensfun, and so in principle rawtherapee should be able to find the correction automatically.
There was however a bug in the matching logic (affecting only leicas, interestingly) that caused RT to fail. I’ve just pushed a fix – thanks for reporting, btw! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Darktable uses lensfun for lens correction. There is an entry for that camera in the latest database (added in late July), but it does not contain vignetting data, only TCA and distortion. (So you won’t get vignetting correction.)

Are you using the most recent version of lensfun? If so, is the camera/lens not showing up in the distortion module? Or is it showing up but you need to select it manually?

Thanks for your many answers :slight_smile:
I have uploaded à dng file but it already existes
In darktable i can’t find thé rugit leica q profile.

I don’t know if i use the last version of lensfun but i use the last Ubuntu version… I Will check the distortion menu.
I expected an autocorrection feature but i don’t really master the software though.

@gilgam
http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/Lens/Geometry#Lens_Hood

@gilgam could you take a raw photo of a clear blue sky, just the sky (i.e. point the camera up), and upload it for free use, so that I can use it as an example for that article?

Upload using https://filebin.net/ and paste the final link here.

Et OK i’ll do this aSAP. If i have a blue Sky :slight_smile:

By the way there is indeed a Lens hood problem as there is a crop beetween the dng file and the final jpeg file at 6000x4000px

OK, if it doesn’t show up in Darktable that most likely means that it’s an issue with your version of Lensfun.

If you’re using the stable version of Ubuntu and haven’t installed any unofficial package repositories, that would mean that your version of Lensfun is from early 2016. As the Leica Q wasn’t added until July of this year, then your Lensfun will be missing support for it.

If you’re not able (or don’t want to) update your Lensfun version, you might be able to grab the compact-leica.xml file from the Lensfun source and use that with your current version.

Hello sorry i was in holidays and few time to spare :slight_smile:

So i have a dng file uploaded there (blue sky from italy :wink: )
https://filebin.net/gtr6nkxeg418ue9u

And i used shotwell with my leica q and the DNG are fine. I can work on them via the shotwell viewer as they are well developed, but it’s far from satisfying :slight_smile:

I checked lensfun version
$ apt search lensfun
gimp-lensfun/zesty 0.2.4-1 amd64
Gimp plugin to correct lens distortion using the lensfun library
liblensfun-bin/zesty 0.3.2-3 amd64
Lens Correction library - Utilities
liblensfun-data-v1/zesty,zesty,now 0.3.2-3 all [installé]
Lens Correction library - Data
liblensfun-dev/zesty 0.3.2-3 amd64
Lens Correction library - Development files
liblensfun-doc/zesty,zesty 0.3.2-3 all
Lens Correction library - Documentation
liblensfun1/zesty,now 0.3.2-3 amd64 [installé]
Lens Correction library - Runtime files
python3-lensfun/zesty 0.3.2-3 amd64
Lens Correction library - Python3 module

and i believe i have the last lensfun version. 0.3.2

but still Rawtherapee/Darktable does not work :frowning:

I’ll try on fedora last version just o check it .
Thanks

No worries - I’ve been busy myself (new puppy :))

The Lensfun data is in package liblensfun-data-v1/zesty,zesty,now 0.3.2-3, which (according toUbuntu’s site) was updated in April 2016. The liblensfun-bin package contains an updater script, but I don’t know if it works, or where it pulls from (it didn’t work on my system.)

The following is the XML file for the Leica-Q. Download it and put it in $HOME/.local/share/lensfun/ (create this folder if it doesn’t exist) and your camera should show up in Darktable (and probably RT as well.)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwj-za6dTyI2enJOZ1loaWtvMUE

Thanks it works indeed with darktable once i have updated in the sub menu :slight_smile:
I haven’t found the right menu in rawtherapee yet (still searching though).
Thanks anyway i will work with my heavy dng files …

I just compiled RT 5.3 with Lensfun support - RT doesn’t seem to be picking up any of my lens profiles in ~/.local/share/lensfun/.

I believe RT’s Lensfun support is rather new, so this is likely a bug somewhere. I don’t use RT, so I’m not likely to be much help from here on.

Both DT and RT (in compile-yourself-git versions) pick up the lensfun leica-q.xml placed in ~/.local/share/lensfun/

/Claes

1 Like

It works fine with DT but i have for each new .dng file to manually set the lens.
I ill try the compile yourself option