Libre Arts - Mastering Inkscape in 2018

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://librearts.org/2018/02/mastering-inkscape-2018/

Hi Alexandre,
Thank you for the insightful article. I’ve read it before and it is still up to date in 2021. I have to say, unfortunately, because it is some years later now.

That being said, I have made a book with some videos in Dutch on Inkscape 0.92. I am updating it to 1.0.x right now. It has been published by myself with print on demand. That is a good way to publish, but it does not look as professional as a big company would make it look. No problem, because Dutch is a small language and people are happy to read it in their native language.

If I would publish it in English (with much help with the translation of course) it would be available for more people. But I struggle with this combination:

• make good lessons for beginners and advanced users,
  • cover most of the program,
  • have professional examples like some of the videochannels you refer to
  • and stay up to date.

Books on techniques are very often, well, technical and not made by illustrators. And Illustrators usually do not use basic techniques. Their beautiful examples are often too complex for beginners.

The bar is set high to produce a good book with beautiful content. I am a bit afraid to start the translation…

2 Likes

Could you please provide us the link for your book

@Kirsten

Hello @gprizpah, here’s the link to the pdf, but did you notice it’s a Dutch course and that you have to pay for it prior to downloading (as with many other digital trainings as well)?