List of available monitor profiles ignores set directory

Hi,
In preferences / Color Management, I set the “Directory containing color profiles” to a custom directory and restarted RT. However the drop-down list for monitor profiles instead displays a list that seems to include a few profiles from my chosen directory, then also some taken from iccprofiles/output/ within the RT installation directory. I don’t see any logic for the choice of profiles: for instance the list displays some of Elle Stone’s profiles I have in my chosen directory, but not others (eg includes ACES, Large, but not Clay).

Color management under Linux is complicated enough as it is, please let’s not add another layer of obscure logic to the mix…

IMHO, in addition to the profiles contained in its own installation, RT should either offer to select a directory for profiles (perhaps more than one directory?) and honor that, or allow to select a profile by way of a file navigation tool.

What do you think?

Version info (but this also happens with stable 5.7):
Version: 5.7-431-g093e87351
Branch: dev
Commit: 093e87351
Commit date: 2020-01-29
Compiler: cc 9.2.0
Processor: corei7
System: Linux (ArchLinux)
Bit depth: 64 bits
Gtkmm: V3.24.2
Lensfun: V0.3.95.0
Build type: debug
Build flags: -std=c++11 -march=corei7 -Werror=unused-label -Werror=delete-incomplete -Wall -Wuninitialized -Wcast-qual -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-unused-result -fopenmp -Werror=unknown-pragmas -g -ftree-vectorize
Link flags: -march=corei7
OpenMP support: ON
MMAP support: ON