Local Lab build

AMAZING work by AMAZING people. Can’t wait for Stage 2 of RawTherapee SPQR edition! (Couldn’t resist making these references :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

tldr :wink:

Just to let you know, I updated the english translation with the new excluding RT-spots: http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/Local_Lab_controls/

@sguyader
Thank you for the translation. Which will help understanding and good use

@Morgan_Hardwood
phew, I am reassured, I always have stress before going on the operating table at the hospital

@agriggio
Rome wasn’t built in a day and all that, but it’s a wonderfull town, probably the capital of Europe that I prefer

I have a cleanup of procparams.cc in the queue, should be ready by next week. Not so important, though, and I should be able to rebase it anytime.

@gaaned92 and @jdc !

Testing new Local Lab:

RawTherapee_newlocallab_5.3-257-g4b2563af_WinVista_64.zip

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2q9OrgyDEfPS2FpdDAtMVI1RG8

and it is running fine here! :sunglasses:

I just read a little of the translation (thanks @sguyader :pray:) and this sentence made me think:

…each RT-spot can be viewed as an object with a number of fields (about 70 as of today), made of sliders, curves, control points, etc…;

So are we going in a direction where in the end everything except globally working tools like cropping, distortion correction…would be part of the RT-spots??
Just thinking out loud.

1 Like

Clearly no!

1 Like

I did my best in the translation to stay as close as possible to Jacques original words. This the case for the above-mentioned sentence, but don’t feel qualified to reword it (I don’t understand all the technical background). So, if parts of the documentation can be made clearer, feel free to make suggestions.

To confirm what Ingo says, no.

On the other hand, if it is necessary, and if there is a consensus, we can add some functions to existing modules, for example in Denoise, but I think that there is almost everything needed. This is significantly more than what CNX2 offered before.

@jdc Jacques, it looks like there’s a limit to the RT-spot size (1500 each side). I think it can be too small in some cases. I don’t know if the size is set to be proportional to the image size, or if it’s constant: what if we use a 100 or 150 Mpixels file?

Another suggestion: when I set a spot in inverse mode to create some sort of vignetting, some artifacts can be visible (look at the edges of the tree in the 4th picture here.
Maybe a “scope” slider would be be useful also in inverse mode in such cases ?

Hello, is there a development for Linux?
Yours sincerely.

@sguyader

Hello Sébastien
For the first point, “limit to 1500 each side”, I think it is easy to increase this limit without too much problem…to verify by testing. I will increase this value from 50%, and become 2250.

For the second point, it’s almost nonsense to want to consider a reference outside the work area (at least with the current algorithm). I tried something with “Blur” and “symmetric” mode, but it’s only partially satisfying. I will examine again. :slight_smile:

I just push a change with:
a) I have increased the zone limit from 1500 to 2250. Check if there is no interference.
b) suppress a bug (leads to crash) when using “Exposure” and “Color and light” with hue values of saturation
c) some changes to the code to prepare others improvements.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

@gaaned92 and @jdc,

Testing new Local Lab:

RawTherapee_newlocallab_5.3-382-g8dd112aa_WinVista_64.zip

@gaaned92 and @jdc,

Testing new Local Lab:

RawTherapee_newlocallab_5.3-383-gd13b485e_WinVista_64.zip

Any RT Local Lab version with this bug fixed?

I was asked - 6 days ago - not to make any changes while waiting for the “merge” of the “procparams-cleanup” branch :slight_smile:

@jdc Jacques, I think you can still merge with dev from time to time, that’s not a change in locallab per se…

Thank you @agriggio

I just

1. fixed some bugs in internal function iplocallab.cc

2. improve inverse mode in Color and Light as asked by Sébastien @sguyader
    These 2 improvments have no incidences on procparams.cc , paramsedited.cc,…

3. merge with dev

jacques