Local Lab build

Is there a way that the Control Points can be noted better with a temporary ellipse or something similar, so the user can note or see the affected area(s) better? One work around I use is setting Lightness temporarily all the way down to -100 so I can visualize the affected area. Just a suggestion…

I push a new branch - “locallabgtk3”. This branch use GTK3 gui interface.
I make a change on this branch : now to enabled / disabled “curves” you must used a check button “Enable curves” instead of “lightness different of 0”
This function is for each control point.

@dngimage
What you are requesting, should probably be achievable, but requires GUI skills, which I do not have :slight_smile:

I update the “old” branch “locallab” (a priori, I hope with the same behaviour as “locallabgtk3”…that i’ll not update in the futur !!)

Now you have a curve C=f(C)…(rq : it is the more complex algorithm for “shape detection”).

I have also made a change to best localize “mip files”.

I recommand to delete “mip files” in : "Profiles " (near cache) and also if there are “mip files” Next input files.

jacques :slight_smile:

@jdc,
Is it time to do a build after this update?

Locallab 4.2.1242 uploaded here (same place).

1 Like

When it will be possible again to “commit” a change, I would post something, whose performance surprised myself :):wink:
For several months, I have been trying to perfect the shape detection algorithm. I think I have arrived at a very good result now, using the curves L = f (L) and C = f (C) - which are bugged in the previous version. While it is complex (at the code level), there are a few possible artifacts, but it works and there are two paliative artefacts that work well.
See these improvements soon

2 Likes

Thanks @gaaned92! :slight_smile:

@jdc,

When it will be possible again to “commit” a change,
I would post something, whose performance surprised myself :slight_smile:

I can’t wait :slight_smile:

See these improvements soon

Cool!

Here is one possible bug:
If you activate Local Lab, activate Contrast by detail levels, and then click on [Contrast - ] several times, RT will crash.

@dngimage
Thank you for testing :slight_smile:
I think (I hope) I solved the bug for CBDL.

I just push a change to “locallabgtk3” with the new algorithm “shape detection”.
I call this algorithm “super” (instead of normal).

You must select for curves L=f(L) and C=f(C) ==> “Super”
and for slider “lightness” and “contrast” checkbutton “super”
In some cases (grey tones, flat areas…often with noise) these new algo can leads to artifacts:

• use “global quality = enhanced + chroma denoise”
  • use the 2 new sliders “Threshold chroma” and “iterations”
    :slight_smile:

I update the doc in Rawpedia:
http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/Local_Lab_controls/fr
Jacques

I found a bug : slider contrast “Super”…I just fixed it :slight_smile:

@jdc So from now on, I will build only locallabgtk3 branch?
I will do that after you merge again gtk3.

Good to know @jdc!

gtk3 is slow, I don’t like it, but if there isn’t a choice I will try it.

I just merge gtk3 in locallabgtk3.

@dngimage
Gtk3 is slow only at startup, then I think there are no differences !

@gaaned92
Since last week it has been made the decision to “renew” the branches, and to make GTK3 the main one. Then yes now build only “locallabgtk3”

It is slow on startup because it is slow on creating editors. That means when you are working in SETM (Single Editor Tab Mode) it’s slow only on startup but when you are working in METM (Mutliple Editor Tabs Mode) it is slower than gtk2 build each time you open an image (because that creates a new Editor Tab)

There is always a bug, for “contrast slider super”…
I have solved it - with many difficulties…

I’ll post a change friday or later :slight_smile:

Hey guys, I still think gtk3 is slow to start and in general, the controls don’t feel right, the image is not centered, take more screen space, and so on (sorry :blush:). But I will adapt and go along with it. Thanks for all the hard work! :slight_smile:

Can you show a screen shot please?

@heckflosse,
Here’s a screen shot. I wrote some text in it. I hope this helps.

@dngimage

I agree that looks really bad (not the Euphorbia, but the screen shot). I’ve seen that some time ago on my laptop which also has a small screen resolution. I will test again. Though I mostly work with gtk2 branch where I never had this issue.
Can you confirm that this is no issue with gtk2 branch of rt?

The image isn’t centered, because the bottom toolbar reaches its minimum widht.
Suggestion:
Changing the progressbar into a spinner will save a lot of space.
Are the previous/next buttons really necessary?

Changing the font to Arial 9 saves space in the toolpanel.
Optimizing the label text (shorter labels) saves some space too.

@heckflosse,
The gtk2 version looks perfect. And did I say it is faster :slight_smile:
Thanks @heckflosse!