LocalLab missing in selective load/save of PP3 file

When you selectively load or save a PP3 file the LocalLab settings are always taken into account and can’t be switched off. That is not a big problem while saving as you can maintain the file afterwards with any text editor. But during load it could be a problem.

I am not sure to understand what you want. And my english is bad !

I your question is about “partial paste”, it is not implanted now.

If I describe a little, there are two files:

• Mip files contain each parameter for each spot
  • pp3 contain parameter for the current spot

Mip of the curent spot is an “image” of pp3 but different for datas.

jacques

I think I understand. In other words, the PP3 is never complete related to LocalLab.

If I use CTRL and SAVE I can switch on and off all features I would like to save in the new PP3 file. I can’t select or deselect LocalLab here. However, LocalLab is saved automatically in this partial PP3 file. According to your statement above it contains the data of a single point, even when I had more than one points.

When I load such a partial file then of course the LocalLab part is loaded too. And if I use CTRL and LOAD I can’t deselect the LocalLab. In other words it is always loaded if it is present in a PP3 file.

Therefore it can destroy my current image …

I simply miss the chance to deselect LocalLab in partial save and partial load.

All is possible. There is no difficulties, except time …, to implement “Partial paste”.

But for what use ? Why save (ony current) parameters specific at one image to another ?

Moreover the future of “locallab” has still not been arbitrated

jacques

Hi Jacques, I have the impression you don’t understand me. I don’t speak about partial paste. Let me try to explain the problem again.

This time I start with a screenshot from rawpedia

You see, I’m in the process of creating a “general use profile”. While doing so I can disable all the stuff I don’t want to have in the profile by CTRL SAVE. Now a popup opens where you can disable everything you don’t want to have in the new profile. This screen looks like

Here it is not possible to deselect LocalLab, but it is saved in the profile. And as I learned in this discussion, it is incomplete, as the related MIP information is missing.

So this profile is no longer a general use profile, as it contains data which might destroy my work in the image where want to use this profile, as it also loads this incomplete LocalLab settings.

I would be more than happy, if during a partial save the LocalLab details are just NOT saved.

Regards, Karlheinz

Hello
I am not an user of Rawtherapee, only a developper :slight_smile:

But what you see, is the same thing as “partial paste” for internal process.

I don’t say, I don’t want to do…If no one opposes it, I would add this process in addition

jacques

@jdc save a partial PP3 with nothing selected:

It should contain only this section:

[Version]
AppVersion=5.2-158-g9b0c0080
Version=326

but instead it contains the [Locallab] section as well:
nothing.pp3 (2.2 KB)

1 Like

I push a change in branch “newlocallab”.

I add “locallab” to management of “saving partial”.

But I did not touch “Partialpaste”. I think it should work :slight_smile:

jacques

Thank you Jacques. It works, at lkeast for the purpose I need it as I keep it deselected :slight_smile:

Regards, Karlheinz