Looking for OSX maintainer

The Luminance HDR Development Team is looking for a maintainer of the Mac OSX package. Some C/C++/Qt5/CMake knowledge is needed for fixing build issues and/or any other specific issue that might arise on the OSX platform. We can be contacted by email, informally here or on our Facebook page. Have a look here: Contacts. Thank you.

2 Likes

@fcomida, Thanks for the invite. I’ll take a look and let you know. I’ll try and build first.

I have no Qt5 knowledge though. :frowning:

@partha, thanks for your interest. I’m helping an user right now who’s trying to get LHDR running on OSX 12. You can see our lengthy discussion here “Problem compiling luminancehdr on mac OS X 12”. At the end we’ve been able to compile and link, LHDR runs fine from the build root but crashes if launched from the final destination: /Applications/Luminance HDR 2.5.0.app/

I’m willing to help with this. I was a contract build engineer at Apple in Cupertino. I did a Qt project on Windows/Mac/Linux in 2011. I’m the Principal Contributor on Exiv2, so I don’t want to get sucked into another project on a long-term basis. However, I’ll be happy to help out with this task if you’re stuck.

The puzzle you’ve mentioned sounds familiar. I think I had to add a command to the Qt application .pro file to modify the install_name of several libraries to get it to run from /Applications.

The two tools to use are:

$ tool -L "/Applications/Luminance HDR 2.5.0.app/Contents/MacOS/L*"
and
$ install_name_tool "/Applications/Luminance HDR 2.5.0.app/Contents/MacOS/L*"

The output from those commands reveals where the application is searching for libraries on launch. The dynamic loader is documented in man dyld You’ll find it useful to set the environment variable DYLD_PRINT_LIBRARIES and launch Luminance from the terminal:

$ env DYLD_PRINT_LIBRARIES=1 "/Applications/Luminance HDR 2.5.0.app/Contents/MacOS/L*"

We can discuss this off-line: robin@clanmills.com

1 Like

@clanmills Thanks a lot, I’ll get in touch with you very soon by email.

@fcomida I am guessing you have solved your issues and have a maintainer?

hello @partha yes I think Mr. Mills will help us not only with OS X, he has a great experience. The offer is still open though, if you have time and you still want to help you are very much welcomed. Let me know and thanks again.

@partha I’ve downloaded and successfully built the Luminance from source on MacOS-X. @HIRAM (Richard) has made a very good job of this and published a DMG. As things stand, I believe Richard will undertake this task and I’ll help him if/when he asks. If you and Richard want to cooperate, that’s even better.

I’m always happy to help with these matters. I’m the Principal Contributor to Exiv2. I’m 66 and retired. Thank goodness I don’t have to work because there are times when Exiv2 is a full-time unpaid job. However I’m happy to help our my friends on the Luminance Team.

1 Like