Lua Script Manager missing?

29 KB

It ought to be 24.0 KiB if you followed the instructions on GitHub?

I’m not great at this stuff but it was easy enough and worked fine on my previous version.

In your luarc file just enter the line
require "tools/script_manager"

I’ll go look at the instructions and see if I need to update them

1 Like

@David_LaCivita, looking at the error message
I’m guessing that you might have pasted it twice. The API check is usually occurs within the first 10 lines of code, not at line 645. :slightly_smiling_face:

OK, I’ve got it now.
I copied script_manager.lua to my lua directory though the instructions say:

“copy script_manager.lua to $HOME/.config/darktable/luarc”. It sounded like I needed my luarc to contain the contents of script_manager.lua.

Still, back at the beginning, without changing anything I still got an error after updating to 3.2.1. If it’s just me then we can carry on. Hopefully no one else has a problem.
I can’t say it enough, this forum is the best. Thanks everyone!

@David_LaCivita, one final thought. If all else fails…

cd ~/.config/darktable
mv lua lua.old
mv  luarc luarc.old
git clone https://github.com/darktable-org/lua-scripts.git lua
echo "require \"tools/script_manager\"" > luarc

And if you want my extra scripts, then

cd ~/.config/darktable/lua
git clone https://github.com/wpferguson/extra-dt-lua-scripts.git wpferguson

script_manager will detect them the next time you run darktable and you can manage them from there.

Luckily, I know enough to understand all of that just not enough to do it like that. Ultimately, that’s exactly what I did but with the GUI.
Your instructions don’t mention what to add to the luarc and that was the detail I was missing.

I’ll look at the instructions and update them. When I first wrote them I had one mind set, but I’ve come around to the require statement in the luarc as the easiest and most reliable across all operating systems.

1 Like

Ich have got the same problem, but i did not solve it with the tipps given here. Even the “last thougth” did not help.

In my version of the script_manager-lua the API check occures in line 645, not in line 10
Line 354:

-- api check

dt.configuration.check_version(…,{5,0,0})

It seems to check version 5.0.0. instead of 6.0.0., as shown in the error messor above.

Now, I have installed it totally new from the Github and now it seems to work fine without the error message. The found LUA Script are loaded. But where can I find der “Script Manager” ? I do not see the Modul at the Lighttable.

(Linux, DT 3.2.1)

Should be at the bottom left of the light table view.

It’s now at left middle so that it is scrollable. If it doesn’t show up make sure the luarc file has the line require "tools/script_manager"

Lua Script Manager is also missing from the Darktable flatpak.

Did you have the lua-scripts installed before?

Oh, i got it! The script manager only appears when the language is set to “english”. It does not appear in the german surface.

No, one couldn’t even get it to work on Flatpak b/c it runs in their own environment and don’t have access to a lua interpreter
But it is my understanding that the Darktable 3.2.1 ships with the Lua Script Manager?
So I would assume that the Darktable Flatpak maintainer would ship a copy of lua bundled in the package or allow the package to link the interpreter from the operating system.

As of yet, I can’t see it bundled nor install it myself.

You probably need to open an issue on the flatpak.

1 Like

You’re right:
https://github.com/flathub/org.darktable.Darktable/issues/66

1 Like