macOS build for darktable 2.4.4?

I was happy to see a new darktable version come out this week. But there doesn’t seem to be a download for macOS. Anyone know when it will be available? Thanks.

There isn’t currently a date set for the release.

The MacOS DMG is community built and we are always looking for people to contribute.

That’s the first time I remember that there wasn’t a .dmg the day the release was announced.

I have the resources to do a build. I’ll look into what’s required to do a release build.

3 Likes

This will hopefully help: Compiling darktable .dmg: A bump in the tracks - #22 by LebedevRI

Thank you. I do S/W for a living and work on Mac all the time. I had managed to build from GitHub master for my own configuration already, so building for release shouldn’t be too big a leap. I have a soon-to-be-obsolete 2011 MacBook Pro that I can dedicate to the cause.

3 Likes

Maybe I could give you some help to integrate the .DMG creation into Travis CI? I think safety-wise this is a better solution than using a private PC…

I have this working already since a while for my personal project, and I am working on a similar mechanism for GIMP.

Once you have the build scripts ready we could try to set this up. I would in such case have a preference for dependencies provided via homebrew, as that’s what I am successfully using at the moment.

User sees a problem, user volunteers to fix it.
Open-source in action. Good to see :+1:

4 Likes

The angels are blowing their horns and singing. The .dmg for 2.4.4. is now available!

Be careful where you obtain your copy. As of now, the link at Release release-2.4.4 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub has not yet been updated. It’s still providing 2.4.3

I downloaded the updated .dmg from Release release-2.4.4 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub .

2 Likes