Metadata missing

RT 5.3 on archlinux

I’m trying to add description, copyrights… to the jpeg output.
Meta > IPTC

From the pp3:

[Exif]
Exif.UserComment=Oscar is a 13 years old, Old English Sheepdog. He looks scruffy because in spite of being 13 years and a cold foggy winter day, he went to play into the sea.

[IPTC]
Caption=Oscar is a 13 years old, Old English Sheepdog. He looks scruffy because in spite of being 13 years and a cold foggy winter day, he went to play into the sea.\n\nLike all people that walk with their dog, they walk in sync and at the same pace.\n\nI'm not talking about people that walk against their dog. That's the ones on the fishing line where the dog is everywhere is the owner is trying to control their dog...;
CaptionWriter=;
Category=;
City=Vancouver;
Copyright=All Right Reserved;
Country=Canada;
Creator=;
CreatorJobTitle=;
Credit=;
DateCreated=;
Headline=Oscar, the 13 years old: Old English Sheepdog;
Instructions=;
Keywords=;
Province=;
Source=;
Title=;
TransReference=;

I can’t get it to output these to the jpeg.

• I check it with exiftool 10.55. Not there…
  • I open the output jpeg in RT. Not there either

Preferences > Image processing > metadata. Tried both checkmarked and not checkmarked.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Syv

@foto Have you tried using less than 415 characters in Caption? Seems excessive. There could be a limit. However, that doesn’t explain the other tag values not showing up.

With “copy … IPTC … unchanged …” unchecked, opening a raw photo in editor, adding IPTC description in the metadata tab, then exporting jpg, the exported image contains the IPTC:Caption-Abstract, as intended (no UTF-8 support for “foreign” letters, but that is another question). RT 5.3/Win.

Tested in RawTherapee 5.3 using your code snippet. Works fine.
https://filebin.net/csnu3m2zk8ije98t
The option “Copy Exif/IPTC/XMP unchanged to output file” was ticked and unticked, no need to restart RT.

$ exiftool -G5 amsterdam_unticked.jpg | grep -i Oscar
[JPEG-APP1-IFD0-ExifIFD] User Comment           : Oscar is a 13 years old, Old English Sheepdog. He looks scruffy because in spite of being 13 years and a cold foggy winter day, he went to play into the sea.
[JPEG-APP13-Photoshop-IPTC] Headline            : Oscar, the 13 years old: Old English Sheepdog
[JPEG-APP13-Photoshop-IPTC] Caption-Abstract    : Oscar is a 13 years old, Old English Sheepdog. He looks scruffy because in spite of being 13 years and a cold foggy winter day, he went to play into the sea...Like all people that walk with their dog, they walk in sync and at the same pace...I'm not talking about people that walk against their dog. That's the ones on the fishing line where the dog is everywhere is the owner is trying to control their dog...

Got it working.

Thank you.