My first play raw revisited

Hi.
Yesterday I woke up very early, before sun rise.
Instead of keep hating myself for an hour or so of lost sleep, I decided to go outside and revisit the site depicted by my first play raw, when I joined the forum.
I’d like to see how you deal with those.

IMG_7609.cr2 (10.5 MB) IMG_7611.cr2 (10.7 MB) IMG_7621.cr2 (11.3 MB)

These files are licensed Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike.

2 Likes

Filmulated.

The first one I wanted to bring out the buildings in the foreground a bit, but not too much so as to bring out the noise.

• CA correct on
  • Exposure comp +1/6
  • Shadow Rolloff Point 0.003527 to add shadow punch after raising the midtones with Shadow Brightness
  • Drama 72
  • White Clipping Point 0.53 to brighten the image after the drama
  • Shadow Brightness 400 to lift the midtones
  • Saturation 69 to enhance the colors a bit more

This needed a bunch of brightening, but I didn’t want to go overboard on the subtle colors.

• Exposure compensation +1.33
  • Shadow Rolloff Point 0.003320
  • Drama 76
  • White Clipping Point 0.54

This one I definitely wanted to lift the shadows a bit on and add some color punch.

• CA correct on
  • Highlight Recovery 2
  • Drama 65
  • White Clipping Point 0.56
  • Shadow Brightness 324
  • Saturation 47

…I learned from these that even on Canon, not all the lens info exif fields are always filled out. The name of the lens is there, but not the max or min focal lengths or apertures… sigh…

2 Likes

Photoflow:

IMG_7609.pfi (32.9 KB)

1 Like

a-IMG_7609.jpg.out.arp (12.1 KB) a-IMG_7611.jpg.out.arp (13.6 KB) a-IMG_7621.jpg.out.arp (12.1 KB)

1 Like

DT 3

IMG_7611.cr2.xmp (10.5 KB)

1 Like

IMG_7611.pfi (40.5 KB)

1 Like

This is a kit lens from an entry-level SLR (Rebel G). Not sure if it deserves an entry in lensfun :smile:

Nice, a good variety of software present here, all with excellent results.

Somehow @gaaned92 seem to have succeeded in removing banding in the dark areas from the first image. Cool!

My tries at these three beautiful photographs in GIMP. Unfortunately I cannot remember my precise steps. I processed them about two weeks ago and when I was about to upload them I had a keyboard failure!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing
DT 3.0.1

IMG_7611.cr2.xmp (17.1 KB)

1 Like