Natron 2.3.12 was released today - fixes bugs

grab it from https://natron.fr/download or Natron - Browse Files at SourceForge.net !

• Fix font selection in the plugins that render text (Text and Polaroid from openfx-arena) #269.
  • Python: add Effect.getOutputFormat() method.
  • GCC 8.1 (used for the 2.3.11 binaries) breaks the timeline GUI, revert to GCC 7.3 for Linux builds #279.
  • Disable crash reporter in official binaries (requires maintenance to get it working again), and add crash reporter code to the source tree.
6 Likes

Cool Breeze

Oh that is just great to hear, I thought the project had stalled. :sweat_smile:

That’s awesome and Thank you for the work! Having the new version does bring up an issue that I feel should be discussed and I’d like to hear everyones feedback on it.

Does anyone else find it very discouraging that new downloads on the Natron website take more than an hour to complete? If you go to the Natron archive on sourceforge it takes only 20 seconds to download. I feel this has the potential to turn away new users. If the website download is so slow I feel that only the sourcefoge should not be offered. How do you all feel about that?

Some have stated that they have fast downloads from the website. Anyone else want to share there experience?

Actually, we could (or should) also put the release binaries in github, since the website will probably be migrated to github. What bothers me is the fact that there are way too many binaries on windows and linux (32/64, portable/installer, linux/windows which makes 8 binaries).
Maybe our provider limits the bandwidth to natron.fr due to the large number of downloads at each release. I get 1.5Mb/s, which is not that bad.

1 Like

Natron 2.3.12 and 2.3.11 have a problem loading CinemaDNG sequences. I have only checked this in the Linux version which has no issues loading the sequences in version 2.3.10 and several versions prior to that.DNGError

This is a linux-only issue. I will rebuild the 2.3.12 linux binaries within 24h.