Natron Crashing with text

Hello Everyone,
I’m new to Natron. I am running version 2.3.15 on a 64 bit Linux Mint 19.3 distro. When I try to add text as soon as I click on the Text option Natron crashes. So far that is the only issue I have come across. However as I said I am new to it and haven’t done much with it yet. This is my first project I’m working on. Is there a fix or suggestions on what to do to get past this? I really need to text function? Should I try to go back a version? I appreciate any help.

Dennis

Where did you get the binaries? If it’s from snap, get the official binaries from github. 2.3.16b2 fixes also a few bugs

The snap is a problem (it’s in the Ubuntu store and users always try that first), it’s broken and I can’t get anyone to fix it (or remove it). Unsure about the flatpak…

Anyway, always get the official binaries: Releases · NatronGitHub/Natron · GitHub

Thanks for the info. I got the Flatpack from the Natron donwload site. I’m fairly new to Linux and don’t know how to install it from a binary. I don’t have time to sit and learn how to do it at the moment. I’m not in dire need of Natron so I’ll just wait until someone puts it in a packaged form.

Dennis

Thanks for the info. See my reply to davernay.

Actually, we are putting it in a packaged form, it’s just not accessible throughan “app store”. Installation instructions are pretty simple and clear: https://natron.readthedocs.io/en/rb-2.3/guide/getstarted-installation-linux.html