Natron has the fasted renderer out there

Ok, I did it again:

crashreportt

When I get the Dump uploading screen:

crashID

should I click issue Tracker and open that Github issue then ?

Thanks for the info, seems to be an issue on the server-side. I just sent 5 crash reports in a row to the server and they all show up fine… Odd

You can also save the crash to file (xxxx.dmp) and just send it to me.

Server issues resolved, we have a cap on file upload. Will make it a bit larger.

My Natron just crashed while doing a DiskCache.

However, no crash reporter window appeared!

It depends on the crashes, not all can be detected sadly. The cache crash could be related to disk/mem issues/usage

Ok.
For future I will run Natron always from terminal, maybe there will be some useful output…

If you are able to replicate you could use GDB to debug (symbols are available where you downloaded Natron).

It crashed again doing DiskCache for the same scene.

Can you give me a crash intro on how to use GDB ?

I forgot to include the proper symbols for GDB, I will do an update a bit later today.

1 Like

I am still amazed from Natron render speeds on multicore computers.

But it crashes a lot and I can not walk away for a cup of coffe when I start a render job :coffee:

Sometimes it crashes while doing a “DiskCache”
Sometimes it leaves out every second frame
and sometime it just crashes without any know reason.

Here is the question:

1.) Is it possible to start renderjobs from command line, if yes, how exactly ?

2.) Is it possible to resume a render at last finished frame after a crash (command line solution) ?

3.) Is it possible to first ReCache DiskCache nodes of the comp before rendering (command line solution) ?

The idea is to build a simple GUI where I can select my comp, select the output folder
and enable that it checks a constant frame upcount (directory watcher), if there are leftout frames it will restart the whole rendering command and resuming at last successful frame after a crash.

Something like this:

1 Like

Ok.
I found the command line options here:
https://natron.readthedocs.io/en/rb-2.3/devel/natronexecution.html

and to check if all .png are renderd without any error, I use pngcheck
sudo apt-get install pngcheck

cd into to folder with your image sequence, then execute this command:
pngcheck *.png | grep ERROR

if the output is clear, all .png are rendered correctly, otherwihse you will get an error like this:
ERROR: 09_EndeScene_0323.png
so you would have to re-render this frame.

When there is time, I will try to create some scripts …

1 Like

Note that if you uncheck the “Overwrite” checkbox in the writer, it will only render non-existing frames.

2 Likes