Natron opengl errors

Hello All,

Fresh installs of Debian Bullseye(11) x 2, after have been using Debian Buster (10) with no problems running latest Natron2 on them both for a few months now.

After installing Natron from the installer and launching from a terminal the machine throws about 4 lines of opengl errors and Natron disappears In effect it appears it doesn’t see the three files for drivers in the lib directory and looking the three pieces are in fact located there,one is r500? I am not at work now but there are a couple other files that cant be accessed. that are in the error lines I’m sorry i don’t have a correct terminal copy/paste. I checked and someone had a similar error and gave the mesa-opengl packages to install ,was about four packages that installed,done this but didn’t change anything

Also i downloaded the AppImage version as well and it throws the exact same errors.

I have found a few glitches in the Bullseye repositories with missing libraries,and somewhat expected this as it is still in ‘unstable’ state. I know i had to manually download a few debs from the Buster repos to complete install of a couple other programs,and knowing this isn’t the best practice it did get the programs to work.
Anyone else run into this? Tomorrow when back at work,I will post exact terminal output.

Thanks

Hi,

Please specify graphics card, driver and terminal output from Natron. Also, are you using the official binaries or some third-party package(s)?

Hi rodie,

I downloaded the installer package Natron-2.314

Terminal output:
Natron Version 2.3.14
Copyright (C) 2013-2018 INRIA and Alexandre Gauthier-Foichat

Use the --help or -h option to print usage.<<<
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open r600 (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: r600
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open r600 (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: r600
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
Error while loading OpenGL: GLX: Failed to create context
OpenGL rendering is disabled.
GLX: Failed to create context
GLX: Failed to create context
Caught segmentation fault (SIGSEGV) from thread Main(0x2071a10), faulty address is 0x7f28ef6adfbc from 0x80
Segmentation fault

Also: When i do lsmod the video driver is radeon.
Is this correct? It appears Natron is trying to load r600 ?
I’m not sure how this all ties together?

Thank You

Go to the Natron ‘lib’ folder (/path/to/where/you/installed/Natron/lib).

If installed outside of the home folder you will probably need to do this as ‘root’:

Create a new folder in ‘Natron/lib’ called ‘orig’ or something, then move ‘libgcc_s.so.1’, ‘libgomp.so.1’, ‘libstdc++.so.6’ to the ‘orig’ folder, then try running Natron again (and post the output from the terminal again).

example

cd Natron/lib
mkdir orig
mv libgcc_s.so.1 libgomp.so.1 libstdc++.so.6 orig/
cd ..
./Natron

Rodie,

Thank You much, Done your suggestion. Natron got a little further.
Now am getting a different error running Natron from terminal:

Natron Version 2.3.14
Copyright (C) 2013-2018 INRIA and Alexandre Gauthier-Foichat

Use the --help or -h option to print usage.<<<
couldn’t open library /opt/Natron2/Plugins/OFX/Natron/Arena.ofx.bundle/Contents/Linux-x86-64/Arena.ofx because /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcairo.so.2: undefined symbol: FT_Done_MM_Var
Caught segmentation fault (SIGSEGV) from thread Main(0x2444a10), faulty address is 0x366a0 from 0x366a0
Backtrace:

Also, Natron is installed at /opt

Thank You

Great!

That OFX error is a known issue in 2.3.14, you will need to apply a hotfix: Natron 2.3.14 Linux hotfix 1 (or try one of our RC’s for 2.3.15)

Thank You rodie,

The hotfix fixed the problem!

Natron working!

1 Like