NEF files not showing in file explorer

Hi @barbu,

As @ingo wrote some posts earlier:

Can you please upload one image to filebin.net and post the link here?

I have RT 4.2.1148/64bits on Windows10/64 here as well, so I can
swiftly check what happens on my machine. Take a CR2, please, because I was
used to handling them :slight_smile:

Sure: https://filebin.net/tsmsex0m9r6wo5oa/IMG_8080.CR2
Thanks!

I got it - and it is shown just fine in RTā€™s file browser (RT 4.2.1148 on Windows10/64):

If I were you, I would delete your local RT settings folder
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\RawTherapee
(but save it somewhere else first!) and then re-install RT.

OK?

1 Like

Proceeded straight to reinstalling , then started it again. Everything shows up just fineā€¦
Canā€™t believe my eyes, such a simple solution; thanks a bunch! :slight_smile:
OTOH, this kinda means I wonā€™t be able to reproduce the bugā€¦

@Barbu

1. Are you sure you have the file extensions there and that they are correct? I know you just wrote that, but experience taught me that sometimes asking the same questions several times gets you several different answers :wink: https://i.imgur.com/DyTs6QT.png
  2. Are you sure you have no filter activated? For example showing only trash, or only starred photos, or only JPEGs.
  1. If all else fails, close RT, delete or rename your ā€œoptionsā€ file, restart RT and see what happens. File Paths - RawPedia

@Morgan_Hardwood, dunno exactly where you lost track, but my problem was already solved.
Nevertheless, step-by-step:

• I did the standard instalation (I used RT a few years ago, first time when it wasnā€™t open source; I was reminded of it, and I said letā€™s try)
  • right after installing I browsed a few directories, and I was shown only JPEGs and no RAWs, no matter how new/old were the files;
  • checked filters first, made sure to clear any active ones (which werenā€™t there anyway; fresh install, remember?)
  • after that I dug into RT preferences, to see if any option was disabled or if it might have needed some external codec (DCraw or something); thatā€™s when I saw, like the OP with his NEFs, that all the file types were selected to show (except PNG)
  • as @Claes suggested, I did a reinstall of RT and then all files were shown.
    Weā€™ll never know what was there; maybe RT got stuck when scanning the folders (itā€™s not instant, but it shows a progress bar in RAW-heavy folders) and now is playing nicely.

*Again, thanks for trying to solve, but the problem was already solved. *

I clicked ā€œreplyā€ and had to leave halfway through writing my reply, didnā€™t see your update until after I posted.