On Catalina - RAwTherapee cant access Folders or removable volumes.

I went through the privacy and permissions area, but RAWTP isn’t listed under the application that i can manually give permission to. It essentially renders the browser inactive.

any thoughts?

Grab a build from here: kd6kxr/ – Keybase.pub

Thank you! Will try it out.

Yea, wont even open. Crashes on boot. Let me reboot computer and try again.

https://keybase.pub/kd6kxr/RawTherapee_OSX_10.9_64_5.8-394-g22eee9787.zip is the latest.
To install: drag the app to the /Applications folder. There it must reside in order to work. (It is a “sandboxed” application for code stability and security purposes.)

1 Like

I’ve reinstalled the version you linked HIRAM. ( I copied it to Application, and i launch from the folder itself. No dock short cut until its fully up and running to eliminate variables)
The program loads now. I manually added RT to the list of applications that can access folders in Security preferences, i even gave it full disk permissions. It still will not see external HDDs or the contents of any of the folders under System users: ie Downloads, desktop, pictures etc…

I will keep messing with permissions. IT looks like its not recognizing the permissions to view the contents of the HDD. (internal or external)

So here is a video of whats happening.

The browser cant see “into” the Drives or folders.

I feel like i’m forgetting something simple. This has happened before with Resolve after the Catalina update. I had to click " allow Access" at the prompt from OS, but this app isnt giving me a prompt, even though i manually gave it permissions.

The system has a cache which flags certain app’s code signatures for quarantine. There are many reasons why this can happen… Changes to the code entitlements, running different versions, especially builds made with different entitlements, etc.
I recommend clearing the flag from the system chance, and running the app again.

Try using Terminal to delete the quarantine attribute from the file:
xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/RawTherapee.app

I do not recommend taking gatekeeper down.

Are you double-clicking the folders with images in them? Single clicking won’t work… been there, done that!

Yes of course. Double clicking. You can’t tell from the video.

The system security might be a bit confused at this point. I would try resetting to defaults with:
sudo spctl --reset-default
That should get you back the standard security prompts, which will have to be accepted in order to gain access to your /Volumes.

1 Like

Will try it

I´m experiencing the same issue. Was that resolved for you?