Release of G'MIC 3.0

Fixed, and fixed.

2 Likes
# image size = (1,16777216,1,3) [192 Mio of floats].
# ...
[gmic]-1./ Output image [0] as gmz file '_.gmz', with pixel type 'auto'.
[gmic]-1./ End G'MIC interpreter.

>gmic _.gmz
[gmic]-0./ Start G'MIC interpreter.
[gmic]-0./ Input file '_.gmz' at position 0
[gmic]-0./ *** Error *** Command 'input': File '_.gmz' is not in .gmz format (numbers of images and names do not match).

Works for me _gmz

If it helps, the long image comes from extract_region. I tried again. Now it refuses to do norm after and doesn’t go all the way to saving the gmz.

Maybe a complete command line to be able to reproduce the bug could help !

Sorry, my computer had problems today. Here is the command. It saves _.gmz but can’t open it, showing the error I pasted in my first post on this.

gmic DSC02763-02765.tif _m1.tif n. 0,1 extract_region.. .,0,1 o _.gmz

DSC02763-02765.tif comes from HDRMerge + PhotoFlow (minimum under raw tab; Rec2020 linear 16-bit). It is too big to upload ATM. _m1.tif (347.2 KB)

https://discuss.pixls.us/t/seaside-street-against-the-sun-rawtherapee-darktable/24524

My simple attempt:

• applied G’mic Retinex on duplicated layer
  • set to OverlayDSC02763-02765_2-6 Retinex Overlayed

@dinasset I think you posted in the wrong thread. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I was answering to your statement:
Maybe I don’t have the tools since I’m pretty new to the photo editing game. So I am curious what the veterans can do
So, because my primary intent in Gimp and Gmic is photo manipulation, I tought I could reply. If I’m wrong I’ll remove it.
Likely I misunderstood. Sorry to everybody

It isn’t my statement but rather @Boo’s.

Nice - my image becoming a meme for hard to editing images spreading over pixls :sweat_smile:

I’d be actually interested by the produced _.gmz file.
Is the filename important to reproduce the bug ? Does it work with another filename ?

Did not know G’MIC had a Retinex preset; use GIMPs version often. Will need to check that out, Diego. :slight_smile:

@David_Tschumperle Try _m1-1.tif (19.6 KB) DSC02763-02765-0.tif (19.6 KB) in the same command. They are resized to 50 px in width.

Yes, with these, I’m able to reproduce the issue. I’ll try to see what happens.

@afre, this commit should fix the issue : Fix name storage in .gmz format. · dtschump/gmic@7b40040 · GitHub

I’ll build some new pre-release binaries for Windows, so you’ll be able to test (available in 2 hours or so).

Looks good.

@David_Tschumperle coming back to help display on terminal. On my Mac “gmic h pink_new” shows this Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-28 um 14.28.48

A slight enlargement shows this Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-28 um 14.30.16

Seemingly the limits are set a bit sharp, or is it a Mac specificity?

What

gmic shell_cols e \$\{\}

displays for you ?

Exactly what is in the windows title bar shown, 85 and 80.

By the way, “help pink_new” in 80 column window needs only 84 to show without wrap-around.

I hope you don’t misunderstand me: I am enlarging the window without repeating the help call!