Release of G'MIC 3.0

Actually, you don’t have to escape your backslash, it’s just echo that needs an escaped backslash if you want to print the value of the variable.
I should have written e '{/${GMIC_CACHE_PATH}}'

Inside the math parser, I wonder if there could be a fast warp() command? This is only a rough idea - not sure how it would work in practice. Perhaps taking a vector parameter treated as MxN matrix and returning another? I’ll probably do some tests by defining one myself, maybe it’s already fast enough…

Edit: appears to be reasonably fast with a static warp field:

gcd_kernel_warp : skip ${1=3}
  {$1*$1},2,1,1,u(-200,200) # warp field image
  f.. "begin(const boundary=1; const S = w#-1; W = vectorS());
    for(k=0,k<S,k++,W[k]=j(i(#-1,k),i(#-1,k,1)));
    med(W) # W = the resulting vector
  " rm.
1 Like

@garagecoder, if you want to use warp in a math expression, then maybe it’s better to
call the warp command from the math expression, using the math function run(),
and fill some images before the call, with the command draw() ?
Then get the result back with crop().

The draw/crop things are not that inefficient :), and you’ll ensure calling warp will compute it in a multi-threaded way.

1 Like

I may have found a display bug using first image from https://discuss.pixls.us/t/rescuing-thousands-of-images-from-a-blemished-life/18524/10. Clicking on image[1] in individual view doesn’t bring me back to the multi-view.

gmic img502.jpeg afre_edge 1 autocrop_components ,,,0

Clicking the close button works as expected.

A tangential question. Sometimes I don’t want minimum area but rather max area in certain commands or vice versa. In sum, I think there are cases where constraining both min and max of something is useful.

Trying to search for a number in a set of numbers.
“isin()” is a helpful function, still I think better to return the number of the, say, first occurrence in the set (true!=0) !?

Or some sort of “where()” returning a boolean set could help either.

I use find function for that. For a example of usage, it’s somewhere on my tiler tool. Used to find where the value of 1 is found within row or column.

I want a function to rapidly find all number that are greater than 0 and return the sum of true condition, I may actually look into compiling gmic for this, but im working more on krita.

Then, you probably need find():

pos = find([3,2,1,0],2);
pos>=0?(
  # Number found...
);

Easy:

A = [-1,1,-2,2,3];
n = sum(A>=0);  # -> 2
print(n);

I did not know you could insert a conditional within sum, thanks.

Yes, thank you @David_Tschumperle and @Reptorian.

Copyright (c) 2008-2020, David Tschumperlé / GREYC / CNRS.

é The Man with the Golden Gun

1 Like

You meant, the Windows shell, with no UTF-8 support…

The Windows console does have UTF-8 support, but most systems are configured to use DOS code-pages for backwards compatibility.

If you run chcp 65001 before running the G’MIC CLI, the UTF-8 copyright text will display correctly:
Copyright (c) 2008-2020, David Tschumperlé / GREYC / CNRS.

I could make a patch for the G’MIC CLI that sets the console to use UTF-8 for input and output.

That could be interesting yes.
I’ve planed to release G’MIC 2.9.1 tomorrow, but I may delay it.

Is it as simple as adding : SetConsoleOutputCP( 65001 ); in the main() ?

Nope, sounds like it doesn’t work :frowning:

Yes, I discovered that also.
I also tried setlocale(LC_CTYPE, ".65001"), but that did not work either.

The legacy Windows console (cmd.exe) may just have buggy UTF-8 support, as I mentioned in my other post it works correctly if you set the code page to UTF-8 before starting the G’MIC CLI process.
SetConsoleOutputCP( 65001 ) works when using Microsoft’s new Windows Terminal, hopefully it will be included by default with a future version of Windows 10.

OK interesting. I’m planing to release 2.9.1 today then, if nothing helpful can be done about it.

• 2020/06/10: Release of G’MIC 2.9.1.