Release of G'MIC 1.6.5.2

This seems to be an awesome plugin, but i am getting a negative from Panda Security… Any comment on the issue?

Did you download it from http://gmic.eu/ ? If so, I’d say your antivirus is definitely giving you a false positive!

Yes i clicked the direct link at the top of the page… Ok kool. Thanks

1 Like

If it helps to alleviate any concerns you might have, @David_Tschumperle is the creator of G’MIC

Ok, i did post about it in his plug-in forum but no response as yet…

Well, I don’t know really what Panda security is, I develop and run G’MIC mainly on Linux.
I use a Virtual machine to compile G’MIC for Windows. This machine should be clean, as I use it only for that task (I’ve only installed the set of tools to compile G’MIC on it). So it’s highly probable that your antivirus or whatever it is gives you a false positive about the G’MIC plug-in.
But really, I can’t say anything else.

1 Like

Ok thanks man! Cheers!

Is it just me, or is using amazing software created by real people - and then being able to communicate directly with those people really rather exciting ?

Thank you David for software that helps me realise my artistic visions !

1 Like

I absolutely need to make a body sock now, these are so neat. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Take what you see as very much experimental work in progress, so many things that can be improved, but it was so much fun it didn’t really matter. Next time we will get a bit more out of it :smile:

1 Like

Back from holidays… I’ve already fixed some bugs, and released a pre-version for version 1.6.5.2.
This should be the version you get when you download from http://gmic.eu/gimp.shtml.
If you encounter any issue, please report them so I can improve the software as much as I can.

2 Likes

Welcome back! :smile:

1 Like

Hi David, welcome back :smiley:.
Today I was playing with the euclidean to polar transformation and I noted you got an unused variable ( n ) .
I was wondering what modifies that variable?

I don’t see an unused variable in -polar2euclidean nor -euclidean2polar, at least in the latest version of gmic_def.gmic. Maybe you are referring to an older version ? (current is 1.6.5.2_pre).

from http://gmic.eu/gmic_def.1652

euclidean2polar : -skip ${1=50%},${2=50%} -check "${3=1}>0 && isint(${4=1}) && $4>=0 && $4<=2"
  -e[^-1] "Apply euclidean to polar transform on image$?, with center point ($1,$2), power $3 and "${-arg\ 1+$4,dirichlet,neumann,periodic}" boundary conditions."
  -v - -repeat $! -l[$>]
    cx={if(${-is_percent\ $1},$1*(w-1),$1)}
    cy={if(${-is_percent\ $2},$2*(h-1),$2)}
    R={sqrt(max($cx^2,(w-1-$cx)^2)+max($cy^2,(h-1-$cy)^2))}
    -f 'r=x*$R/(w-1);a=y*2*pi/(h-1);i($cx+r*cos(a),$cy+r*sin(a),z,c,1,$4)'
  -endl -done -v +

$3 it’s never used.

1 Like

Ha yes, correct. I need to clean this.
Thanks !

EDIT : This has been fixed! Thanks again for reporting !

You are welcome :smiley:

Mac latest updated from git! 1 Sep 2015

1 Like

Looking nice. Finally was able to register here without getting the error. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wait, what error were you seeing? In the future just reach out and give me a hard slap if something seems amiss! :wink: