Ordered a Yi M1

If I download the torrent file and try running it in MuTorrent, I get an error message that the voloume is not mounted. So unable to download.

Waiting for test shots and review too! This camera really intrigues me. Could it be the perfect low cost second body for us micro four thirds shooters? Enquiring minds want to know!! :laughing:

1 Like

@Isaac can you try the torrent linked above?

I tried the torrent magnet link, but it just sat there. Should I try to get the .torrent file?

Also, @paperdigits - I’ve bumped the uploads to 100MB per upload on the forum if you just wanted to push them up here. Entirely up to you, but it’s an option if you didn’t want to fiddle with torrents. :slight_smile:

Yes please! Discourse seemed to not like linking the magnet file.

I also have that astro data from a while ago ready to seed, but I figure I’ll get this working first.

I’ve been trying to get the magnet url working, but the schema entry magnet: doesn’t appear to be working on the forum at the moment. I’ll keep looking. In the meantime you could post the full magnet link text:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:e57d0d7d1199b19636d19a39ac90e3237c7e00d6&dn=Yi%5FM1%5Fsamples&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.zer0day.to%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.sktorrent.net%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.zer0day.to%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.internetwarriors.net%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce

Torrent worked 4 me, thanks. The dots (sky, facade and palm trees) in the night long exp shot with car trails, is it dust?
Those palm trees have first row seats to salvation, open your arms green brother, embrace the light of the lord!!! =)

I think that is sensor noise, though someone else with better knowledge can comment, I hope. The long exposure is 60 seconds, which is cool, but all that noise is not cool. The image is soft because the tripod was wabbly.

Glad the torrent worked for someone else. I was trying to download it on my file server, but it.kept getting confused, since the boxes have the same external IP addresses I think.

Does the camera have a dark frame mode or long exp noise reduction? If it serves of “comfort” I get those everytime, with every exposure… I started calling them derpimples XD

I liked that one (colours and movement) the best, the palm trees are just too funny, almost can hear them sing… liked also the guy that built the outdoors pizza rock cock chimney, that’s an artist right there ,-) So how are you licking the Y1 experience?

I think the Yi experience is pretty good: the body is tiny and light, but being made of some composite material, still feels rigid and sturdy. The stock zoom lens has a good ranger, but isn’t super sharp, as you can see. I’ve ordered the Panasonic 20mm f1.7, so hopefully that should help.

I don’t like how the ISO gets adjusted so easily when shooting in full auto. The tap-the-touch-screen to focus will take a little getting used to, but it works. The focus speed is fast enough for me as well.

I need to shoot some video, apparently it does 4k.

As a replacement for my phone, this works well. If you’re hesitant about MFT cameras or have extreme budget constrains, this is a nice way to get into MFT lenses. Its now cheaper than the Sony rx100v, which doesn’t have a detachable.

I’ve also learned that I like the bulk of my D750, it fills my hand.

1 Like

Sorry, been traveling all week, and still in the move. I will try the torrents once I get back home this weekend…

Old Soviet lenses, like Helios and such? One of those cheap and fun options.

I ended up with a Panasonic 20mm 1.7.

I was going to drop this 17mm in the mail tomorrow. Did you still want me to send it on?

Also, sorry it’s taken a bit - been busy getting ready to head down to Florida next week.

I don’t think there is any need to send it, the 20mm is already on there. Thanks for the offer!

@paperdigits, if possible, a little more seeding would be appreciated, since yesterday I’m stuck at 30 % with your torrent.

Turning it back on now! Sorry!

Edit: It’s seeding again.

Edit 2: Turned off the throttle :wink:

1 Like

I had a look a lensfun since I plan to submit the yi lens and I realized that only 2 of my 6 lenses are in lensfun… Yikes!