Outdated external data

Recently I downloaded external data from link provided by gmic gimp plugins. At first I didn’t know how to use it until I found a guide from Pat David. I tried and not all filter loaded correctly. Then I tried download manually one by one and they seemed more up-to-date and located in different location compared to guide from I mentioned previously or from the plugins. So, could you update the zip contents and also the description on the plugins? I’m using GIMP 2.10.0 64-bit, G’MIC 2.2.3. Regards :slight_smile:

I’ve just uploaded the updated file.
If you still have a filter that is not working as expected, please tell me what filter it is !

list.txt (12.7 KB)
above text file contains all filters list that I downloaded one by one (mostly film filters) and lightleak filters I got from previous zip.
from file you’ve just uploaded, there’s no filters for film
Regards.

sorry more edit. I was wrong

All the CLUT file for film filters are actually generated from the file 'gmic_film_cluts.gmz`, which is included in the .zip file.
As the decompression of each CLUT takes a bit of time, it is stored in a less compressed format once generated.

Doesn’t that still need internet connection after extract the zip? Honestly that’s what make think that the zip was incomplete. pardon me for my limited knowledge.

You are right, the data in the .zip archive should be enough to make all the G’MIC filters run without Internet connection.
If this is not the case, then maybe I forgot to include some files in the archive, just let me know :slight_smile:

ah, you’re right. I thought it still need internet connection but these files are enough. Everything’s good. All these files actually were present in previous zip, but now you’ve provided much smaller zip and even with some samples which iirc they’re standard image for image processing learning. I really appreciate that. Regards :slight_smile:

1 Like