Over/Underexposure indication not working after copying demosiac via history stack

Hello,

I’m not sure if this is really a bug or just some error I made…

I copied the demosaic settings that I wanted to use from one image to a couple of other images, this results in a very weird behavior when using the over and under exposure indication.

I found that the issue is with the “gamma” module in the history stack. This module gets darktable:iop_order=“71.0000000000000” assigned after the copy where it should be darktable:iop_order=“77.0000000000000” (at least that’s what the error message told me)

I’m using Darktable version 3.0.2 on Slackware Current.

The attached images show the effect of the problem and I also attached a demo image with a good (manually corrected) and a bad sidecar file - Images are CC-BY-SA.

Expected behavior (corrected sidecar file):

Observed behavior (bas sidecar file):

Raw image + sidecar files:
DSCF4384_good.RAF.xmp (9,8 KB) DSCF4384_bad.RAF.xmp (9,8 KB) DSCF4384.RAF (25,5 MB)

Does anyone know what’s going on? I guess I can just sed over the sidecar files and correct this…

I’m really curious, does anyone know what’s going on?

Thanks a lot! :smile:

i get this behaviour when experimenting with new pull requests: copying a couple of setting from edits done with different builds can mess up the pipe.
Sometimes modifying the history settings in the database (.config/darktable/library.db) can help, but in a production environment the best way is creating a duplicate, dropping the whole history stack and then copy the modules step by step …

I see, for me the sed approach worked, I just modified the sidecar files and the darktable would read them, figure out that the database is outdated and update accordingly :slight_smile:

As a reference: this was the only thing I had to do:
for i in $(ls -1 *.xmp); do sed -i 's/\"71\./\"77\./g' $i; done;

Anyway, I assume this is only a very minor thing in darktable.