Packaging Natron local build to portable tgz

Hello,

I was able to build the Natron sdk and Natron on my Linux centos 7 computer. I would like to create a portable tgz file to test it on different machine but have some problem to find the proper way to do it.

For the sdk and Natron build I followed the instruction on this pages :

My build run correctly. Now for doing a portable tgz I tried the following :
Running the build-Linux-installer.sh from the tools/jenkins folder. Since it need some variable I run the createBuildOptionsFile.sh and tried to fill up the tmp/buildOptions.sh it generate.

However, it look like I am missing a step : the build-Linux-installer.sh expect TMP_BINARIES_PATH to contain the binaries. The comment in buildOptions.sh refer to build-plugin and build-natron script that copy those… It look like the portable tgz is made with a different way of building Natron than the one I follow.

Is there a script or way to package what I already have in a portable tgz ?

Thanks
Yves

1 Like

Hi,

build-Linux-installer.sh is used to package binaries produced by build-plugins.sh/build-natron.sh (launchBuildMain.sh). If you didn’t use the scripts to build Natron (and plugins) then you will have to package it manually, or adapt build-Linux-installer.sh to fit your needs.

You have to use the launchBuildMain.sh script to run the whole build.
Please continue the discussion in this issue, where yu may also find valuable info: Building Natron on Linux (CentOS7) · Issue #351 · NatronGitHub/Natron · GitHub

There is also a lot of info in the file: Natron/README.md at RB-2.3 · NatronGitHub/Natron · GitHub

Ok Thanks for the info.