Path feather using Shift scroll

Anyone having issues with using Scroll-shift to adjust feathering on a drawn mask using the path tool? Nothing changes scrolling forward or back. Seems to work fine on circle and ellipse. I’m primarily in the Exposure module, may be happening in others as well

Using v 3.0.2 on a Manjaro/Gnome install.

Perhaps some file corruption in an rc file?

@Marcsitkin Works just fine here — but I am using 3.1.0+1790~gf5a00e353
on Manjaro/KDE.

Just tried using 3.0.2 and, like Claes, I do not have any issues.

That is easy to find out isn’t it :slight_smile: Move your current darktablerc to a safe place and retry the edit.
Also try using a clean xmp file.

I’m on Linux - Debian (Buster/10.4)

removing the dartablerc did fix the problem- but only for the next 4 or 5 photos being edited. I suspect that it is occurring after using a drawn and parametric mask. I’ll do a bit more detective work and if this is so, check Git hub for any bug reports, and file one if it’s repeatable.

Downside of the darktablerc replacement strategy is the loss of the configuration, favorites, and module sets. Anyone know what line in the file might be the cause, and if an edit might fix it?

Just a thought: Start darktable from a terminal. Often messages are generated when it encounters problems or issues worth mentioning. These are lost when starting darktable via an icon or a desktop menu.

If darktable is OK when you move the rc file and it happens after a few edits you could compare the 2 rc files:

diff /path/to/original/darktablerc ~/.config/darktable/darktablerc

They are already sorted so no worries about that when doing the diff. Might still be a bit of a puzzle though.

So looking at the diff between nonfunctioning dtrc file on left, and fresh one on right, looks like this might be the symptom. Now to find the cause or a remedy:

The second one (path/border) isn’t the culprit. The last state used is stored by darktable. If I look at all my dt test versions I see the following:

3.1.0 -> plugins/darkroom/masks/path/border=0.0068673202767968178
3.0.2 -> plugins/darkroom/masks/path/border=0.041648607701063156
3.0.1 -> plugins/darkroom/masks/path/border=0.00065362459281459451

If I open darktable and change the feather mask settings these numbers change too.

The first one (opacity) might be the problem. That one stays the same across the board on my side, whatever I do.

I did a little digging in GitHub and came up with this one:

You might want to look into that one and add your experience if applicable.

Thanks for looking at this. I took a look at the github link, and don’t think I had the same issue. In fact, I’m not sure there is an issue at all, and will chalk this up to operator error for now.