‘PhotoBook Tools’ is a collection of scripts and tricks intended to create photo album pages in a fast and flexible way with Scribus. Please read the ‘Instructions’-file for installation and use!
Summary of workflow:
- ‘PhotoBookLayoutMaker’-script generates image frame layouts (you can save them in the Scrapbook for future use).
- Insert images in bulk into your image frames.
- ‘PhotoBookFillFramesCentered’-script performs automatically a maximal fill of the selected image frames. If needed you can manually adjust.
- ‘PhotoBookImageCropResize’-script will crop your images to the image frames and resize them to the desired dpi (reduction of file size).
- Edit caption texts (if you have created them in step 1).
- Export your photo book to pdf or other formats.
For Scribus 1.5.6 and higher (needs Python 3; tested in Windows 10 and Linux).