PhotoFlow - Magenta Preview

Recently installed Partha’s latest GIMP 2.9.5-CCE build and now I’m getting the same magenta preview screen that I had months ago on my iMac when trying to open Canon 5D Mark II or Canon G10 files on my Windows 10 computer. When I had the issue on my iMac, I exchanged several e-mails with Andrea and it was fixed. I’ve exchanged several e-mails with Partha and he has no issue on his Windows 10 computer! I even sent him one of my RAW files to test and it, too, works fine on his end. I’m stumped… Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!

I’m not sure if Photoflow has any cache or settings files, but you may want to remove them if you know where they are (just guessing).

I also put your post in the correct category.

Hi Alan!

The first thing I suggest to check is the photoflow version that comes with your GIMP. Could you open the PhF plug-in, click on the “Settings” button and then open the “About” tab, like in the screenshot below?

The displayed version should be 0.2.7. By the way, the picture in the screenshot is from a 5D-MkII, using the OSX version of the latest Partha builds…

Hi DrRaw,

Yep, I finally thought of that this morning and the Windows plugin version I have is v0.2.6-pre whereas on my Mac it’s v0.2.7. I just e-mailed Partha asking about the download link on his blog. Apparently, the Mac build contains the latest PF github release, but the Windows build does not. Maybe I was incorrect in assuming that both builds would contain the latest version of PF?

Thanks!

Well, in principle they should…

Dang principles!! :smiley: :smiley: