Photoflow: missing grain merge blend mode in mask editing


(Carmelo Dr Raw) #21

This should not happen. The latest AppImage should open .PFI files created with older versions without issues.

If it crashes, it is a bug. Please make sure that you provide me the input file and the .pfi file that crashes the appimage, and I will have a look.

Otherwise, the AppImage is the best thing to use at the moment, if it works for you.

Thanks!


(Gustavo Adolfo) #22

@Carmelo_DrRaw Is torrent ok to you?


(Carmelo Dr Raw) #23

Unfortunately not, could you please use filebin.net?

Thanks!


(Gustavo Adolfo) #24

ok. the url is https://filebin.net/61r6jmb34oto98hp
for the images.
the pfi file I have already posted above


#25

@gadolf How did you stack the frames, and obtain the TIFs? With CHDK or another app?

I don’t see the edge problems in the original TIF. I mean, they are minor. Must be your processing technique. Don’t worry about that though. You just need some practice. A good way to do that is via the PlayRaws :wink:.


(Gustavo Adolfo) #26

@afre The images were handheld acquired, so I was expecting alignment issues.
I did the stitching in Hugin.
Thanks for the tip on the PlayRaws section.
Maybe I’ll post this one there.


(Carmelo Dr Raw) #27

The new package that will be soon available should fix all issues in loading your .pfi from an older PhF version.

Meanwhile, I tweaked a bit your masks to make the transitions more natural, and gave some more pop to the foreground with some more aggressive curves.

Here is what I achieved:


stackf_1b.pfi (102.5 KB)


#28

@gadolf If you decide to share, please provide the actual raws, not the TIFs. Also refer to @patdavid’s excellent post on how to license your work. It would be a fun image to play and tinker with :slight_smile:.


(Gustavo Adolfo) #29

@afre Sure, I will.
Just let me tinker with it a little bit more and I’ll do it.
I’ve already seen patdavid’s instructions on licensing.


(Gustavo Adolfo) #30

@Carmelo_DrRaw I see what you’ve done to smooth the transition, thanks!
Regarding the crash, please take note that I started working on this image with the latest appimage, then downgraded to the ppa version because it was crashing after some tweaking I don’t recall anymore, then I upgraded again because of @afre tip on the Exposure slider. Not sure if this go back and forth may have inserted some inconsistency in the data. I should have notified you on the first crash, but I was focused on getting some results :roll_eyes: