Photoflow: missing grain merge blend mode in mask editing

This should not happen. The latest AppImage should open .PFI files created with older versions without issues.

If it crashes, it is a bug. Please make sure that you provide me the input file and the .pfi file that crashes the appimage, and I will have a look.

Otherwise, the AppImage is the best thing to use at the moment, if it works for you.

Thanks!

@Carmelo_DrRaw Is torrent ok to you?

Unfortunately not, could you please use filebin.net?

Thanks!

ok. the url is https://filebin.net/61r6jmb34oto98hp
for the images.
the pfi file I have already posted above

@gadolf How did you stack the frames, and obtain the TIFs? With CHDK or another app?

I don’t see the edge problems in the original TIF. I mean, they are minor. Must be your processing technique. Don’t worry about that though. You just need some practice. A good way to do that is via the PlayRaws :wink:.

@afre The images were handheld acquired, so I was expecting alignment issues.
I did the stitching in Hugin.
Thanks for the tip on the PlayRaws section.
Maybe I’ll post this one there.

The new package that will be soon available should fix all issues in loading your .pfi from an older PhF version.

Meanwhile, I tweaked a bit your masks to make the transitions more natural, and gave some more pop to the foreground with some more aggressive curves.

Here is what I achieved:

stackf_1b.pfi (102.5 KB)

@gadolf If you decide to share, please provide the actual raws, not the TIFs. Also refer to @patdavid’s excellent post on how to license your work. It would be a fun image to play and tinker with :slight_smile:.

@afre Sure, I will.
Just let me tinker with it a little bit more and I’ll do it.
I’ve already seen patdavid’s instructions on licensing.

1 Like

@Carmelo_DrRaw I see what you’ve done to smooth the transition, thanks!
Regarding the crash, please take note that I started working on this image with the latest appimage, then downgraded to the ppa version because it was crashing after some tweaking I don’t recall anymore, then I upgraded again because of @afre tip on the Exposure slider. Not sure if this go back and forth may have inserted some inconsistency in the data. I should have notified you on the first crash, but I was focused on getting some results :roll_eyes: