[Play Raw] Autumn in Limoges

It is more GMI’C than GIMP. Dynamic range and denoising, LAB decomposition. Maybe some of it could be achieved in darktable but there is always few things which are better in GIMP/GMI’C like spot removal is inferior to healing. Or even I know how to do this in GIMP but not how to do the same in darktable. @afre wanted xmp
Autumn-Limoges_0070.CR2.xmp (3.8 KB)

Nice atmosphere! I tried to get out as much colour as possible and at the same time not overdo the exposure and saturation.

Autumn-Limoges_0070.CR2.xmp (14.2 KB)

3 Likes

Autumn-Limoges_0070.CR2.xmp (5.9 KB)

1 Like

Like colors! Well done, thank you!

1 Like

Aiming for bright and cheerful.

1. PhotoFlow → HL mode (blend) → RCD → linear Rec2020 → 32f
2. gmic → filter pixels → crop → sharpen (high freq contrast) → blends (retinex, log) → adjust brightness, contrast (curves) → sharpen (LoG) → resize

pr10253-afre

2 Likes

1 Like

Whoa, those colors! It feels like you’re really skirting the edges of oversaturation in some places, but it stays in line.

1 Like

Thanks, glad you like it. Colors are from LAB decomposition duplicated layers in overlay mode, horror, then mix with original to desaturate. Should have desaturated it some more to avoid border case. At that moment it looked as great improvement and I saved and uploaded.
No need to rush processing it is not race. Also essence of OSS is collaboration, not competition.

2 Likes

My contribution with darktable 2.60Autumn-Limoges_0070.CR2.xmp (5,4 Ko)

1 Like

Autumn-Limoges_0070.CR2.pp3 (12.9 KB)

4 Likes