[Play Raw] Stage Coach Ride

Here is another photo from my day at Old Tucson Studios. I remember thinking it felt sort of blah to me and it still does. Most of that has to do with my framing. Because they were moving at a pretty fair clip, I didn’t get the select focus down right. The time of day was less than ideal and I wasn’t in the right place at the right time to capture the action. I tried a crop and a haze effect to bring more attention to the stage coach and horses. Can’t say I love it yet! Also, I didn’t realize there were people visible in the stage coach until I started working on this today!

PS. I’m not sure how to record my process but I use Adobe Camera Raw, Photoshop, and Nik Collection filters.

This file is licensed Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike.

Original JPG:

My Edit:

RAW File:
_MG_3994.CR2 (13.6 MB)

3 Likes

Thank you for the image, this was fun again. The coachman has a drinking cup that does not really fit the atmosphere :wink: .

Here my try:

_MG_3994.CR2.xmp (6.3 KB)

This is a forum for free and open source photography. Did you try to use FOSS software? There are some really great programs around.

Ah, thank you for pointing that out, Thomas. I have darktable and will use that here. Thank you! Yes, that cup spoils the mood for sure.

Nice photo again!
After converting with RT 5.7 I tried to remove the cup using GIMP

_MG_3994_RT.jpg.out.pp3 (12.4 KB)

_MG_3994.CR2.xmp (9.5 KB) _MG_3994_01.CR2.xmp (9.0 KB)

1 Like

darktable 2.6.2 only

_MG_3994_01.CR2.xmp (8,0 Ko)

_MG_3994.CR2.pp3 (14.2 KB)

darktable 2.7.0 testing
_MG_3994.CR2.xmp (12,1 Ko)

1 Like

Looks so clean and crisp. Nice!

Here’s my edit. Wanted a Vintage & Film look. Hope you like it. .

1 Like

Hi Tarun, it’s a good look and brings out the yellows. Thanks for submitting your interpretation!