[PlayRaw] Sailing Scene @ Garda Lake

I wasn’t happy with the previous version and worked a bit on color and lightness using the previous as a starting point. Split toning helps get rid of the yellow cast in the sky. Also managed to brighten the whole scene without destroying the detail and worked on bringing out local contrast in the shadows. There’s still a bit of a halo around the mountain. But overall this looks very different from the unprocessed raw.

_DSC0047.NEF.xmp (8.5 KB)

1 Like

New try

_DSC0047_01.NEF.xmp (14.2 KB)

7 Likes

@yteaot Much better. Despite being critical :face_with_monocle:, I always appreciate your entries because they bring out a lot of the detail that I would otherwise miss in others’ work.

I see a little bit or red but this seems very natural to me! good work

thanks

My play.2019-03-13%2008-08-24%2C%2044c3ec9492f8bba5d5683e215b2d77dfb36c65b5_2_690x458%2C%20%20auto%20colours%20balanced%20(full)

3 Likes

@dinasset Could you please share your processing steps or sidecar?

I am a little late. So many different interpretations already posted. Nevertheless, here’S my try.

_DSC0047.NEF.xmp (7,6 KB)

2 Likes

I used one of my filters: WhiteBalanceStretch210.py.

You can find it under Gimp-chat

http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16699&start=0&hilit=whitebalance

you may download it from post #5

RawTherapee only. A bit on the old fashioned side. Maybe a tad over-sharpened. Oh well… Here goes nothing :slight_smile:

BTW @Ivan_M76 this is a fabulous capture! Well composed, clicked at just the right time with just the right settings. May we all create works such as this someday :slight_smile: Love it :heart:

_DSC0047.jpg.out.pp3 (12.3 KB)

_DSC0047-1.jpg.out.pp3 (12.5 KB)

Resizing: _DSC0047.jpg.out.pp3 (10.9 KB)

2 Likes

Thank You so much Stefan, but I was just lucky :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice shot! Here is my attempt at it.

1 Like

darktable (v2.6.1): _DSC0047.NEF.xmp (5.6 KB)

2 Likes

More work than at first expected. Trying to get pleasing colors, and working on the water.

Here’s my attempt with Darktable 2.7-master Git: _DSC0047.NEF.xmp (13.2 KB)

Hi,
fun play. This is the best I could do. I had to apply quite a bit of masking, and I’m still not sure that the colours are realistic, but here it goes…

2 Likes

this is real pretty. is this in RT? if yes, pp3? :stuck_out_tongue: Please and Thank you! :smiley:

I don’t know. Sometimes @agriggio can’t share his pp3. He must have a RT from the future.

Sometimes @agriggio can’t share his pp3.
it’s not that I can’t, but it simply won’t be useful to anyone…

He must have a RT from the future.

more from a parallel universe :slight_smile:
I’m using a custom version of RT, which is basically my playground/workbench, where I try things out.

anyway, I’ll try to describe the steps (not now though), it’s definitely possible to apply them with other tools

2 Likes

Future sounds better. Parallel is just confusing. :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway, I am interested in your workflow too. Deals with the haze issue quite nicely. I need to do a slightly more earnest attempt of dehazing one day.