[PlayRaw] Sailing Scene @ Garda Lake

I basically just like the colours :stuck_out_tongue:

but they are two different things…

Yes, they are but one day they may make it into RT proper. Can’t wait to see what they are. :wink:

So, here’s a rendering done with darktable master that is in the same ballpark. Not quite the same, but that’s due to my lack of experience with dt more than anything…

_DSC0047.NEF.xmp (10.3 KB)

I decided to do a dark, dramatic version, similar to what @Thomas_Do did, but in color :slightly_smiling_face: Made with darktable and GIMP:

2 Likes

a childish version

_DSC0047_01.NEF.xmp (19.2 KB)
font source

Continuing with post #11, more playing with G’MIC. This time, the effect is subtle, has a bit of tone mapping feel to it.

1. PhotoFlow → basic processing → filmic (OCIO; very low contrast)
2. gmic → another effect → retinex → adjust brightness, contrast (curves) → sharpen (LoG) → resize

Zoom 100% and enjoy!

Another take. Could have softened the water with a mask but didn’t. Zoom and enjoy!

PhotoFlow: minimal linear no-clip.
G’MIC: 3 curves, dehaze, 1 curve, retinex, smooth noise, local contrast, resize.

Same as the above but without the last curve, emphasizing the clouds and the sailboat. Zoom and enjoy!

1 Like

Hej y’all,

lots of artistic stuff here from you guys…
than now mine wiht the more “standard”-attempt:

_DSC0047.NEF.xmp (12,0 KB)

This is the benchmark for editing with regard to the task. It contains the most detail in the background and has the clouds nice and the colors are still okay.
Can you reveal how you created all that detail?

There is the XMP inside the post. You can check one by one in the history stack :smile:

I don’t quite remember how I made the adjustments. i think (???) that the xmp file does not give the correct order of module usage if you have chosen the compress history stack several times. It was a bit difficult to track my own worksteps using the xmp file. Essential was the Haze removal module, the contrast enhancement in the mountain area (mask), the removal of bluishness from the mountain area with the help of the color zone (mask) without forgetting the optimization of the luma.
I have made this picture adjustments (XMP file) with dartable older version 2.4.4 and now I use 2.7.0. Don’t know how compatible xmp files are between different versions?

Light…:

…heavy:

2 Likes