[PlayRaw] Speed processing challenge - Dreamy landscape

Second take. This time with RT instead of PF and with CLAHE instead of my custom commands on the illuminance component. Finally with a bump in chroma to compensate for the greying of CLAHE. 10 min this time, which includes opening RT to saving the final image.

4 Likes

Although the speed-edit challenge was fun, this one is worth giving it some time and effort. So here’s my second, take-it-slow, edit:

dreamy.landscape_01.cr2.xmp (9.3 KB) dt 3.0.1

BTW: Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Here’s mine, Rawtherapee, about 3 minutes.

IMG_6453.jpg.out.pp3 (11.7 KB)

And because I’m trying to learn darktable and use it more, just on 5 minutes.

IMG_6453.CR2.xmp (9.7 KB)

black and white: 13 mn + additionnal contrast on jpg in GIMP

a-IMG_6453.jpg.out.arp (11.4 KB)

Gorgeous automn interpretation : 17mn

a-IMG_6453-1.jpg.out.arp (11.4 KB)

3 Likes

where is this landscape?

I wouldn’t be able to find it again :wink: The vilage is called “Marzysz” (en: “you’re dreaming”;)) It’s ~10km from Kielce, near Borków. In general it’s Holly Cross region in Poland.

Use a GPS logger on your phone while you roam!! :smiley:

thanks for the answer

IMG_6453.CR2.xmp (10.2 KB)

I needed about 15 mins.

1 Like

For comparison some Luminar output (is this cheating? Not opensource, but free trial and fun to use. ). boosted shadows, lowered highlights, lots of AI structure and golden hour.

Really an interesting photo to process!
Spent some more minutes on it, now without dehaze and brighter shadows

IMG_6453_RT-3.jpg.out.pp3 (12.5 KB)

this is awesome! where was this?

@stefan.chirila: Already asked and answered :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks! Sorry I was too lazy to look up :stuck_out_tongue:

IMG_6453-1.jpg.out.pp3 (12.0 KB)

1 Like

So, who won? Does “likes per minute processing time” count or does @johnny-bit form a jury?
I am hoping for a podium place! :wink:
Where can I pick up my prize if necessary? And, also important, what is the prize? A free annual subscription for pixls.us?

LOL

If you’re so keen on knowing “who won” I’ll do a timings vs perceived outcome :stuck_out_tongue:

And I’ll post next Speed processing challenge on Saturday :wink:

Absolutely. There are hardly any sporting events these days. There’s gotta be competition somewhere!

I’m looking forward to Saturday :slight_smile: .

Nice picture.
I have spent a few minutes processing, but actually I have started to work on the image before I had read the complete post, so I missed the speed competition!

3 Likes