[PlayRaw] The dude

ND7_0894.NEF.pp3 (11.9 KB) fuji xtrans III CLASSIC CHROME

1 Like

so I thought I could only get it by equal conversion method. and if the layers it’s already Photoshop or gimp. in my case, my white balance was done on the skin on the face by increasing the saturation to +100, then using the sliders I get the color of the glare on the skin neutral and in conclusion I remove the saturation on 0. Bringing the white balance to the ideal on the skin, in principle, we already get the right balance throughout the photo.

In this photo, when calibrating the white balance manually by increasing the saturation to 100+, I saw that the skin from the red beard has red reflexes, the leaves are green on the skin, of the teeth and eye whites. I found neutral in the glare on the skin and again reduced saturation to 0, but on the Velvia preset all the reflexes are enhanced due to the film settings and the red beard reflex is clearly shown on the skin.

what I usually do is I “develop” for the skin to look the way I want it to, and the contrast being in the right place, and the rest falls where it does

1 Like

darktable 2.6.3
a black and white test

ND7_0894_01.NEF.xmp (16,0 Ko)

1 Like

The Dude in color.

ND7_0944.NEF.xmp (13.0 KB)

1 Like

wow; so much depth, such awesome :smiley:

Never close the last button.

5 Likes

My best result so far + crop