Please add renaming to applied modules and to vecter masks (figures).

This may sound as small and silly improvement but it would be great for getting organize our edit work flow and revisit editions after some time.

Right now when you applay a module (say contrast/brightness/saturation) you get a line with that name.
If you duplicate it to get make a local adjustment, for example give a bit more bright to eyes, you get another copy which name is contrast/brightness/saturation 1.

It would be great to reaname it and name it something like “give light to the eyes”.

If you have many layers (modules) applied and want to make later some modifications to the editions it would be a hard work to find that “contrast/brightness/saturation 1” is the one that enlightens the eyes. It would be much easier if you have renamed it.

The same with selections, when you try to apply the same selection in another module it would be difficult to find out that elipse #5 and elipse #9 are the ones that provide the selections for the eyes. Being able to rename those selections to “right eye” and “left eye” would be of great aid.

It is already possible to rename modules in darktable using a drop-down menu accessible from the module header. You can rename drawn masks by using the mask manager on the left hand side of the screen. Just find the shape in the list and double-click on it to rename.

2 Likes

Oh, sorry then.
I had not found it, I was using right click to search for it.
Thank you it would be of great help

Great. I have been looking for it for days.

That’s fine - some of the features are hard to discover unless you know they are there.

Another way to rename a module is to ctrl+click on module name, then you can change it :slight_smile:

2 Likes