Porting the old "Open Source Portrait (Mairi)" Article

I just finished a quick first draft of porting over my old Open Source Portrait (Postprocessing) tutorial from my blog into the site. I’ve basically transferred it as-is, just minor changes to text and pulling down all the images locally as well.

I still have some things to fix, but if anyone wanted to give it a once-over before I publish it next week, that would be awesome. It’s in drafts at the moment, but can be found here:

Open Source Portrait (Mairi)

I wouldn’t bother linking to it from offsite, as once it’s published that url won’t work any longer. If there are no problems caught through the weekend, I’ll go ahead and publish it live to the site next week.

Just a small nitpick: In several places, the tutorial says (mouseover to compare), but right now you click to compare instead. I think you can just use ctrl-f to find all of the places where this happens.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll go back through it a little more carefully and try to correct all of those. :smiley:

Very interesting tutorial @patdavid. Thanks

I’ve gone ahead and published the tutorial on the site. It’s now live at:

An Open Source Portrait Mairi

And the associated discuss thread is here:

Looking good! May I make a suggestion? The whole “mouseover to reveal” thing… can that be made more mobile-friendly?

1 Like

Actually, on the website itself all of those are actually “click” to compare - so they should work fine on mobile. Are they not?

(I mean at: PIXLS.US - An Open Source Portrait (Mairi))

Ignore me. Works fine.