Problem Accessing Photos after Downloading RT 5.9 [solved]

I am running Ubuntu Studio 22.04 I have been using RT 2.8 for years and i run a Sport Photography Business.

When I open up RT 2.9 the file browser does not seem to have the ability to access any of my drives. In RT 2.8 when I look in my Folders I see a Media Folder which houses all of my Drives. In 2.9 it does not even show that the Media folder exists.

How did you install RT?

I’m a windows user so take this with a grain (or few) of salt, but couldn’t you access the drives here? Whichever is the drive with the images on it… I’m probably missing something :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It finally showed up in the software repository.

No, when I click on any other drive it just shows me the main drive folders under the folders tab.

I’d imagine its a snap or a flatpak, which means its sandboxed off from the rest of your system. We can over come that, but need to know which it is.

1 Like

It appears that 5.9 is coming from Flathub and 5.8 is coming from deb.

I see how it is shows as unsafe so it looks like sanbox permissions. I am not that savvy in Linux (even though I have been using it since 2009) I am not a programmer. :frowning:

You can get an application called FlatSeal from flathub. This is a tool to modify the sandbox permissions of flatpak applilcations. You can add the locations of your photos to the RT sandbox permissions.

1 Like

Wow, that was “SandFastic”

I downloaded FlatSeal. It was nice because I could then see all my flathub programs. I went down the list and compared RT permissions my GIMP program and matched it. I am now able to access my files in RT 5.9. Thank you so much. I can now help people who run along this problem.

3 Likes