problem with gmic???

I have downloaded gimp 2.10 for OSX. I have 10.11.6.it works.
I have downloaded gmic-gimp-2.10-osx.
installers says gmic doesn’t run on 10,11 ,but I need 10,12.

can you help me?

ciao

Hmm, did you copy the content of the tgz to Library/Application Support/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins ? I don’t understand “installers says …”, there is no installer!

In worst case try to download gimp from partha.com. At least there is a running gmic, still not the latest version!

ok,

I have copied the…tgs file to …plugs-ins.

mac says something like “unknown softwarehouse”

I have cleared all the restriction in the “safety and privacy” area

mac says “file is corrupted”

I have originally downloaded it from parta.com

what can I do?

thanks again

mauro.rimini
mauro

September 19

ok,

I have copied the…tgs file to …plugs-ins.

mac says something like “unknown softwarehouse”

To make it clear, the gmic plugin from https://github.com/aferrero2707/gimp-plugins-collection/releases/download/continuous/GMIC-Gimp-2.10-OSX.tgz

can only run with GIMP 2.10 from gimp.org

With wget command in Terminal, if you have that command, the plugin and the necessary additional libraries are copied to the folder of plugins.

wget -q -O - https://github.com/aferrero2707/gimp-plugins-collection/releases/download/continuous/GMIC-Gimp-2.10-OSX.tgz | tar -xC ~/Library/Application\ Support/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/ -

Did you something similar? Or is that something with seven seals for you? This sequence of commands copies the tar file from the GitHub server, unpacks it to the location of plugins of GIMP. there should not be any message concerning security or from gatekeeper!

Only the possibly new installed GIMP should throw some message. The plugin gmic-qt will be started from within GIMP.

I have cleared all the restriction in the “safety and privacy” area

mac says “file is corrupted”

These are possibly messages from Mac if you try to start the plugin. That cannot work. The plugin is only startable from inside Gimp.

I have originally downloaded it from parta.com

what can I do?

With McGimp from Partha you can only use the gmic plugin ready packed in the bundle, not the one from Github server above mentioned. If you open an image in McGimp you might see under menu Filters the gmic entry and you can use it!

In worst case the copied plugin from Github server might interfere with McGimp from Partha, then delete them, possibly the whole folder plug-ins! Attention inside your user Library ~/Library, not anywhere else!!

I have repeated all the process.
downloaded from gimp.eu

created directory library\application support\gimp\2.10\plug-ins

moved downloaded file ,open it and generated gmic_gimp_qt and other files

no problem at all.

run gimp,but in filter selection (correct?)…there is nothing new

p.s. more than seven seals…let’s say …one thousand

thanks again

Ok, I don’t know what is wrong still some explanations step by step:

1. You have Gimp-2.10 from gimp.org in your /Applications folder

2. Your user Library folder looks similar

3. Your Gimp looks or should look like

If you try to use the Partha McGimp all the above is not valid. McGimp contains its own built plugin!