Problem with tethering a Fuji x-t1 from darktabe on a Mac OSX 10.13.6. Anyone else?

Version of Darktable 2.4.1 and version gphoto2:

This version of gphoto2 is using the following software versions and options:

gphoto2 2.5.17 clang, popt(m), no exif, no cdk, no aa, jpeg, readline

libgphoto2 2.5.19 all camlibs, clang, ltdl, no EXIF

libgphoto2_port 0.12.0 iolibs: disk ptpip serial usb1 usbdiskdirect usbscsi, clang, ltdl, USB, serial without locking.

After killing the PTPCamera process (either via Activity monitor or killall in the terminal) the Fuji is appearing under devices in the import module. If I choose the tethering window in the upper right a dialog appeared saying no camera with tethering support …
Following the instructions here: verify support for your camera https://redmine.darktable.org/projects/users/wiki/Supported_cameras
Point 1: checked.
Point 2: checked.
Point 3a: the shutter on the cam is triggered, the little lamp on the thumb rest is blinking red and green, so as the manual said, the camera is saving the picture.
After some trying, starting from zero, I got one result. The terminal showed me the downloading of the pictures. Viola, I was happy. Next try nothing.
Today I started all over, I got the pictures RAF and jpg after roundabout 5 minutes. This isn’t the result what I would call satisfying. Oh, and I was trying different usb cables to exclude this as villain.
Any hints?

Regards Michael

Are you building this yourself? You should try with 2.4.4

You should also make sure MacOS isn’t doing something automatically like mounting the camera.

Hi paperdigits, no I am not trying to build it by myself! Your are talking of the darktableversion 2.4.4? I am following diverse threads all about the web. It was a hint in another (german) forum to do it with the last stable version and to assure myself to check if I got the latest version of gphoto2 and more importantly the libgphoto 2.5.17. Your other question about the MacOS doing something automatically with the cam it is prevented by killing the processes that are trying to hijack the USB-Ports so gphoto2 is able to use them all alone. And some remark about the ports: also I have tried it with different ones, at last one my iMac and my Macbook pro. Same results. What I said: the shutter is triggered by the terminal and thecommand:

env LANG=C gphoto2 --port usb: --capture-image-and-download

it was captured an image DCSFXXXX.RAF as well as a DCSFXXXX.jpeg. This was done fast (one time!) so I could followed the download in the terminal indicated by the progress-bar „------------“ and I was happy! Too happy! Next step, trigger the cam via the trigger button of the cam doesn’t work, ‘cause the cam was completely blocked. Even shutdown doesn‘t work before I separated the cam from the USB-cable.
Next try on the MacBook with the result I described above, it took round about five minutes to complete the process. Triggering the the shutter via terminal (works immediately!) but the download takes long, very long. Not what you want for a tethered shooting. To come to an end also I reset the cam completely and ensured that it was the newest firmware on the X-T1.

Regards Wolf aka Michael