Profiled Lens Correction: Fujifilm X-E3, 23/2 and 50/2 lenses

Every day I update rawtherapee-unstable and try to find support for my camera and my lens in “Profiled Lens Correction”. I’m about Fujifilm X-E3 and lens 23/2 and 50/2.
Why you don’t add ones?

The answer is simple: because the profiled lens corrections are not part of RawTherapee, but of lensfun. If your lenses are not in the list, it’s because no one profiled them yet.

Edit: and if they are, you may need to update your lensfun database: lensfun: Updating Lensfun's database: lensfun‑update-data
(assuming you work in Linux)

Edit2: and depending on your environment, you may need to (manually) edit your RawTherapee options file, look for the [Lensfun] header and point the DBDirectory to the correct location where lensfun has put its updated database files.

Lensfun is a modul which is not made by RT-developers…
@ Thanatomanic was faster. :slight_smile:

Thanks!!! Update by hand works, why it don’t make together with RT update?

@Chawoosh

It depends on your system, so it would be helpful if you identified your system, where you download RTbuilds and what is the RT version.

On windows: the bundled builds contain the Lensfun database. It is up to the builder to pay attention to update this DB.

On Linux:
if you use the appimage (Test the latest RawTherapee AppImage - #117 by luxapy) the database is included

If you download rawtherapee from your linux package manager, it may use a system wide Lensfun version. Perhaps this version is very old. In this case, you will have to update the DB yourself.

On Mac Os, I don’t know

Note: Your camera and lens are present in last lensfun DB

I’m working with Arch and have daily update of RT-nonstable.

You can install lensfun for Arch with your package manager. However, I think it is the older version of the database and support for your lenses may not be included. If that’s the case, maybe you can try to download lensfun from AUR (maybe lensfun-git?). Or you can compile it yourself. But beware of other software which depend on lensfun and may try to force installing the old version.

In that case, should’nt the appimage be useful?

Why don’t you?

1 Like