Quick way to show entire album of selected image?

Hi,

I’m trying out digikam for organizing my photos (so far I’ve been using the filesystem plus geeqie for that, but with many images this approach is reaching its limits).

I have stumbled upon a problem that seems utterly trivial, yet I cannot find a solution. Since I’m new to that software, I’d like to ask here before I open a bug report.

Let’s say that I’ve found some image (using the search view, or the labels view, or something else), and I would like to view its entire album in the album view. Is there an efficient way to do that? When the found images are shown as thumbnails, they are grouped by albums, and I can see their names, but the only way to actually go to one of these albums (in order to see its entire content) seems to be to remember its name, switch to the album view, and open the corresponding album. Is there a better way?

Thanks!

Here is an old answer to the same question. I see that it still works. However, in my case the image in question is actually an image group that does not have a “go to” context menu. I did not realize that I have to open it first.

1 Like