Quit when editing (MBP mi-2012)

Hi everyone!

I’m trying RT for few days (use tu use it few years ago) and I really love it !.. But, everytime I try to edit a modify photo, RT quit.

Do you have any idea why ? I most of all how to fix it ? :slight_smile:
(I’m on a macbook pro mi-2012, 10gb RAM but still a HDD and not a SSD)

Thanks !

PS : I made few research on the forum and did not see a similar issue, sorry if I missed it

What version of macOS and what version of RT?

Thanks for the answer, I’m on Mojave (10.14.6) and on RT 5.7

But quit edit : I just saw that RT quit when I try to edit from the editing windows (not sure of the english word, where I can work on my photo) or when I try to change the destination in the queue, but I I just edit all of the queue photos without changing the destination it works !

Can you launch it from the terminal and make it crash, then share the terminal output with us?

Here’s the terminal :

MBP-de-Maxime-2:~ AladdinVonSane$ /Applications/RawTherapee.app/Contents/MacOS/rawtherapee
** (process:2269): WARNING **: 07:46:37.718: [Lensfun] /Applications/RawTherapee.app/Contents/MacOS/bin/…/…/Resources/…/Resources/./share/lensfun/slr-sigma.xml:1678:104: Unknown attribute `distance’ for element !
(rawtherapee-bin:2269): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: 07:46:38.237: invalid cast from ‘GtkMenuBar’ to ‘GtkWindow’
(rawtherapee-bin:2269): Gtk-WARNING **: 07:46:42.610: Could not load a pixbuf from /org/gtk/libgtk/theme/Adwaita/assets/check-symbolic.svg.
This may indicate that pixbuf loaders or the mime database could not be found.
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _objc_opt_class
Referenced from: /Applications/RawTherapee.app/Contents/MacOS/bin/…/…/Frameworks/libgio-2.0.0.dylib (which was built for Mac OS X 10.15)
Expected in: /usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib
dyld: Symbol not found: _objc_opt_class
Referenced from: /Applications/RawTherapee.app/Contents/MacOS/bin/…/…/Frameworks/libgio-2.0.0.dylib (which was built for Mac OS X 10.15)
Expected in: /usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib
Abort trap: 6

Thanks !

This crash was known, but thanks.

Is there any way to fix it ? Is it something in my config ? :slightly_smiling_face:

I see the terminal said “which was build for Mac OS X 10.15” so I swith to catalina I will see tonight if it works