Rapid Photo Downloader 0.9.22 is released

This version features only bug fixes. All users are encouraged to update to it. If you encounter a bug, please report it. Don’t wait a year to do so.

Download link

Changes since 0.9.22a1:

• Fixed bugs where camera insertion and removal was not being detected in some
    circumstances. In KDE, it was camera removal. In Gnome-like systems where
    auto mounting of cameras is disabled or not functional, it was insertion.

• More robustly handle a camera being unexpectedly removed during scanning,
    thumbnailing, and copying files.

Changes since 0.9.21:

• Fixed bug #1871649: Window corruption when application scaling enabled on
    certain desktop environments. The application now uses Qt and Gdk to query
    whether any monitor has scaling enabled. If no scaling is enabled on any
    monitor, then Rapid Photo Downloader will not enable automatic scaling.

• New package dependency: Python 3 gobject introspection for Gdk 3.0

For openSUSE:

• python3-gobject-gdk
  • Fixed packaged detection in install.py script for openSUSE. Fixed bug when
    enabling RPM Fusion Free on Fedora.

Hi,
thanks for this software, it’s truly a set and forget program :slight_smile:

Since a couple of versions ago (I can’t remember, sorry), the install.py script outputs an error that says:

ERROR: launchpadlib 1.10.7 requires testresources, which is not installed.

The install goes on without any apparent problem, and I haven’t encountered any while running the program, so I don’t know if it’s important or not.

My system is Kubuntu 19.10 (up to date with the kubuntu-ppa/backports PPA). Let me know if you need any more info.

I’ve seen that too. I wouldn’t worry about it. It’s a dependency of one or other Python package under Ubuntu. That particular package is not something installed or needed by the install.py script.

Great, thanks!

correct package name python3-gobject-Gdk

Yes, you’re right. I got it correct in the install.py script, but that’s no use to actual packagers of course.

Tumbleweed and 15.2 submissions are out.

1 Like

Firstly, thank you for your work. It’s an amazing piece of software, I just found out about it a couple of days ago and I honestly don’t know how I managed without it all this time.

As for bugs, under Pop!_OS 19.10, updating from within the app itself, it gets stuck at Downloading 0KB of 0KB.

However updating via the script works fine.

So it looks like this one should be on time, then. Good.

Thanks for your kind words. The downloads come from launchpad, and sometimes they timeout. The cause is either a transient launchpad issue, or simple network problems. It can happen with either the install.py script or the built-in updater.