RAW Therapee crashing unexpectedly while editing. No crash report. Running on Windows 10

Hi. I just recently started using RAW Therapee trying to get used to a RAW process work flow and figuring out how to edit photos. I was able to open a few RAW files no problem and sorta mess around. I wanted to start editing a photo and then after about 10-15 min, the program closes unexpectedly with no error code or other reasoning. I’m trying to figure out what the problem is. Anyone have any ideas? My computer is in great standing, plenty of RAM, i7 processor, NVISIDA GPU and plenty of storage. The RAW files are copied directly from my sd cards.

I would appreciate any help! Thanks a lot.

Hard to sat with so little detail. Are you sure RT is whitelisted in your antivirus?

thanks for the reply! I can double check on that.

Try running the debug version, reproduce the crash, and post the backtrace. How to write useful bug reports - RawPedia

1 Like

Could you also please tell us the version details of RT? See Preferences - RawPedia

1 Like

It is the most recent version. 5.8. Thanks!

There are multiple RT 5.8s. We need that screenshot showing your version of Rawtherapee in the about tab in preferences. See that previously posted link to know where to look. Preferences - RawPedia