raw/unprocessed images exported after downgrade from darktable 3.7 (master) to 3.6

I have been using Darktable 3.7 (master) for a while now, occasionally pulling changes and compiling from the git repo, but recently I had to downgrade to 3.6 because of a bug.

Now whenever I export images previously processed with 3.7, even after I make changes in 3.6, they appear without any pipeline changes, eg uncropped, unrotated, no color correction, etc. The images render just fine in Darktable itself.

I realize that master is for testing purposes, but is there anything I can do to get export working again in 3.6? Is there some cache I need to regenerate?

I found that compressing the history stack resolves this, is there a way to apply that to multiple images?

Yes you can do it from the lighttable’s history stack module.

1 Like

Would it be reasonable to provide a ‘switch’ in the settings so that the history stack can be automatically compressed once processing is completed and the user leaves the ‘darkroom’ mode?

As there is already a way to compress history in batch, is it really necessary to add yet another switch in the settings dialog?

I think that that dialog has already a lot of settings. Keep in mind that for each, you have to think of the mid- to long-term consequences when flipping such a switch. The more as a lot of people tend to forget such switches when things do not work as expected. And there may be good reasons to occasionally keep an uncompressed stack.

2 Likes

FWIW, I think that things are fine as they are, I was just not aware of the history stack module in lighttable, but I am still learning my way around.