Rawproc 0.5 is posted

In the last version, I’d implemented a basic set of image tools, made it functional for my needs. Using it on a few different computers, I readily saw the differences in tone and color for the same manipulations, so color management became a priority. I also wanted to experiment with some of the Libraw dcraw parameters, and these two things pretty well broke my relationship with FreeImage. I’ve spent better part of last year implementing a replacement image library from scratch, located here: GitHub - butcherg/gimage: Simple image loader/reader/manipulator for raw, jpeg, tiff, and png

The big change I want to mention here is that all of the Libraw dcraw processing parameters are accessible through the input.raw.parameters property in the Properties dialog. It’s not slick and pretty, just a simple name=value;name=value… setup, but they’re all there for use. So, if you ever wondered what something like fbdd_noiserd would do, there you go.

Both 32 and 64 bit Windows installers are posted, profuse thanks go to mingw-w64. Note that the 32-bit version uses a 16-bit half floating point pixel structure to keep image sizes manageable due to the 2GB-per-process memory limit. The 64-bit version uses a 32-bit float pixel structure.

For Linux, compiling got quite a bit more involved with gimage. If anyone is interested in trying, email me through the forum and I’ll describe my setup.

2 Likes