RawTherapee 5.2 stopped working in Windows 10

Hi. I haven’t used Raw Therapee 5.2 for about a month. It was working fine then. Today, I tried opening it, but it wouldn’t open on the desktop. When I hovered my mouse over the icon in the taskbar dock, I saw the miniature image as if would look if it was open on the desktop.

I right clicked on it and chose all the options - maximize, restore, move, size - and nothing happened.

I’m using Windows 10. Will someone please help me with this?

Do I need to debug this somehow, or download the new 5.3 version? Will I lose all the previous work I’ve done, or is that stored on my computer?

Any help would be definitely appreciated. Thanks.

Hi, RT is generally backwards compatible, so you will not risk much to upgrade, your 5.2 pp3 profiles should work fine with 5.3.

Stay tuned about the soon upcoming release of 5.4, the developers have incorporated some new tools and new default profiles which will make this new release even better than ever.

4 Likes

When I was using windows with an external monitor, I’d get windows trapped on the 2nd monitor after I’d already disconnected it… Could that be the case here?

Also make sure it hasn’t been quarentened by your antivirus

1 Like

Good to know. I’ll look out for 5.4. Thanks!

I wasn’t home when I read your reply, but I knew you were right on. As soon as I got home, I turned on my computer, opened RT and it opened in the second window!

Someone set it up so my TV can be used as a second monitor but it has to be in HDMI mode for me to see the computer screen. It’s been on TV, so I didn’t notice that RT was opening in it.

All of this to say, Thank you so much for your help! :smile:

Glad to help!