RawTherapee 5.5 is one week away

Dec. 5, I downloaded Commit: ca6724 for Windows 64-bit fast, installed it, and when I tried to launch it, only got to this message:
The procedure entry point ScriptIsComplex could not be located in the dynamic link library GFD132.dll.

Which build was it that you downloaded? The one from rawtherapee.com?

Hey guys, hereā€™s 3 things I found; they may or may not belong in this thread but here it goes.

1: When I add a node to the curve to smoothen the upper part (so it doesnā€™t clip to white but progresses slowly instead) it creates that weird knee-like pattern. Is this supposed to be like that?
2: When messing with the colour channels in the tint section, once I am done with that channel and switch to another, the changes go away. Practically only All channels at once, or just one of the three can be altered.
3: It would be nice if one didnā€™t have to choose between curves either being colour or luminosity. Would be nice to have settings for both changing.

1:

2:

3:

I messed around with it tonight for a while and couldnā€™t find anything wrong. The added features are welcome; I just need to go find something hazy to photograph now. One question, I see that there is a section for the Bayer sensors but not the X-trans anymore. Whatā€™s the story behind that? Thanks to all of the devs who work so hard to put this together. The efforts have been appreciated. Weā€™re getting a new computer soon and I wonā€™t be installing Lightroom anymore.

Yes, at https://rawtherapee.com/releases_head/windows/RawTherapee_releases-5.5-rc1_WinVista_64.exe

:frowning: think the 5.5 rc1 might have clut issues :frowning:

If you open an X-trans .RAF it should show the section for X-trans instead of Bayer.

1 Like

Hi,

Yes, sort of. We have changed the spline interpolation procedure. It seems this is catching a lot of people off-guard, so we are trying to fix this for the final release. See also:

You need to use different regions for modifying different channels:

this is neither a bug nor a regression.

1 Like

Interestingly, I got the same kind of message when trying to run RT with wine under Linux. However, as far as I ca tell the program runs fine in Windows 10.
Which windows version are you using?

Do you mean that the curve would change both simultaneously?
Then I would disagree. I would rather prefer having two sets of RGB curves so I could use one set in color and the other in luminosity mode.

Itā€™s clean as a whistle.

1 Like

I have been experimenting with the new Rawtherapee 5.5 RC1. It is working fine. No issues. Fantastic work and many thanks to the devs.

However, what is the reason behind addition of the Softlight module?
I am asking this because I use screen and multiply blend modes far more often than the softlight mode (when using GIMP).
SO a related enquiry would be : is it possible to have a drop down menu in that module and be able to choose the blending mode? The name of the module will then have to be changed to Blend Mode or something like that.

Thanks Morgan

Thank you, will check that out. I was actually just opening an old .CR2 file for testing purposes, but Iā€™ll check it out again with a Fuji RAW file instead.

@McCap mean having two separate ones so that one doesnā€™t have to choose between regular and luminosity

1 Like

Windows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1.

@agriggio thanks for the explanation. Yeah I thought itā€™s not a mistake but a feature; still I could imagine wanting to do both some colour tweaks and luminosity tweaks on the same picture :stuck_out_tongue: not a deal breaker though

Iā€™m having the same RTCharlsā€™ issue.

Windows 7 Pro 64bit with Service Pack 1 - 8GB RAM - i7 2600 3.4GHz

RT5.4 is running fine.
RT 5.5rc1 (tried the ā€œofficialā€ build, the gaanedā€™s build and also the Carmeloā€™s portable build) all builds produced an error message: ā€œThe procedure entry point ScriptIsComplex could not be located in the dynamic link library GDI32.dll.ā€

There is another topic with this point: RT 5.5 doesnt run on Win 7

I installed RC1 on my Windows 10 machine. I can open RAWs directly from the app but when I try with right click > open with It just shows some command prompt box. Note: I have not spent too much time troubleshooting yetā€¦

@chaimav which build were you using of the RC1/where was it downloaded from?