RawTherapee 5.5 is one week away

Thanks Morgan

Thank you, will check that out. I was actually just opening an old .CR2 file for testing purposes, but I’ll check it out again with a Fuji RAW file instead.

@McCap mean having two separate ones so that one doesn’t have to choose between regular and luminosity

1 Like

Windows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1.

@agriggio thanks for the explanation. Yeah I thought it’s not a mistake but a feature; still I could imagine wanting to do both some colour tweaks and luminosity tweaks on the same picture :stuck_out_tongue: not a deal breaker though

I’m having the same RTCharls’ issue.

Windows 7 Pro 64bit with Service Pack 1 - 8GB RAM - i7 2600 3.4GHz

RT5.4 is running fine.
RT 5.5rc1 (tried the “official” build, the gaaned’s build and also the Carmelo’s portable build) all builds produced an error message: “The procedure entry point ScriptIsComplex could not be located in the dynamic link library GDI32.dll.”

There is another topic with this point: RT 5.5 doesnt run on Win 7

I installed RC1 on my Windows 10 machine. I can open RAWs directly from the app but when I try with right click > open with It just shows some command prompt box. Note: I have not spent too much time troubleshooting yet…

@chaimav which build were you using of the RC1/where was it downloaded from?

The one linked from RawTherapee.com

Ok I think that means the build was generated by @Carmelo_DrRaw who might know what is going on.

A screenshot and more info would be helpful.

Sorry. Its on my home computer which I need to vie for time on with a couple of teenage girls… As I said, I have barely had any time to troubleshoot it yet. But here is what I have done:
Download and install with default settings.
Uninstall 5.4.
Right click on .RAF file and choose open with > [navigate to the .exe and select].

I did follow the link the link from the start menu to unsure I had the right .exe. And opening RT first and opening the .RAF from the GUI worked fine.

@HIRAM @gaaned92
FYI, I am trying to update my automated build environment to use the MSYS2 packages (the same that @gaaned92 is using). Hopefully this will improve the package reliability…

2 Likes

If you installed Rawtherapee with the installer,

• in file context menu you should have the entry: Open with RawTherapee

• in directory contect menu: Browse with Rawtherapee

A bit of an update. It turns out the file does open, i just didn’t wait long enough. But the console opens a few seconds before the actual app opens. Closing the console closes the app as well.

Update 2. It appears to be a debug console.

• Rawtherapee console (@Carmelo_DrRaw and @gaaned92 builds)
    If you use context menu either open with or open with rawtherapee, a rawtherapee console opens.(I don’t know why)
    In the former case, you don’t have an edit console. As it is slow and you have to reopen RT for each image, I should prefer the second way.
    If you use Browse with rawtherapee there is no console.

• GTK warnings
    I cannot reproduce here on W10 with both builds.

I will have a look now

@gaaned92

Fixed

5 Likes

The console was open in the background, so I do not know exactly what I did to trigger the warnings.
Some stuff I remember doing (not necessarily in order)

• I looked around the settings to try to figure out how to set default demosaic to 3 pass + fast (still working on how to do this :thinking:)
  • I mapped to the HaldCLut folder
  • I mapped to the film sim folder
  • I edited a .RAF and saved jpg
  • Copied the processing parameters to a couple of other .RAFs
  • Fine tuned other .RAFs and saved as jpgs

I hope this helps